Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts

So far, all of the work has ben to improve the pitch.  From what I have been told, the fence around the pitch will go up in the next 2 weeks and the new dugouts will be installed at about the same time. New goals are coming but I am not sure exactly when.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a friendly booked at the park for the 21rst of July so everything should be done by then, new goals, spectator barrier around the pitch and new portable dugouts, the goalmouths have been dug up and re turfed and are coming on well, bought a sit on lawnmower and have an old boy who is going to cut, roll and maintain the pitch, all markings were burnt into the pitch by the council so this has been filled in and re seeded. 

Pitch is looking really good

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts Pre season Friendly's

Sat  7th July Away to AM Soccer 2pm ko @Cupar  Astro

Sat 14th July Home to Bridge of Don Thistle 2pm ko @ Dalgety Bay Astro

Sat 21rst July Home to Burntisland United 2pm ko @ Ballast Bank Inverkeithing

Tues 24th July Away to Kirkcaldy YM 7.30 ko @ Denfield Park Kirkcaldy

9 hours ago, number4 said:

We have a friendly booked at the park for the 21rst of July so everything should be done by then, new goals, spectator barrier around the pitch and new portable dugouts, the goalmouths have been dug up and re turfed and are coming on well, bought a sit on lawnmower and have an old boy who is going to cut, roll and maintain the pitch, all markings were burnt into the pitch by the council so this has been filled in and re seeded. 

Pitch is looking really good

Every club needs an old boy. 

Am soccer 4 Inverkeithing hillfield swifts 1, Lee Duffy with our goal, played well up till half time then made 7 subs and it went all Pete tong, we will get there though, early doors

First game as a senior team at ballast bank today, 

Inverkeithing hillfield swifts 8 Burntisland united 0,no getting carried away as I wasn't there and Burntisland were down to the bare bones but hopefully a boost for the next game against Kirkcaldy ym

took in your game on Saturday and I must say cant believe you were accepted in to the league, the pitch is a glorified public park with netting around it, credit for assembling a team but the quality you have is very poor it is going to be a long hard season with some heavy defeats, didn't think the Haws were great either

29 minutes ago, undercover agent said:

took in your game on Saturday and I must say cant believe you were accepted in to the league, the pitch is a glorified public park with netting around it, credit for assembling a team but the quality you have is very poor it is going to be a long hard season with some heavy defeats, didn't think the Haws were great either

Inverkiething have a way to go but have done some great work so far - very harsh comments.  They have a large youth setup which will no doubt begin to fill the first team also.

Also - I managed to watch most teams last season following Kelty and apart from LTHV and possibly Tynecastle I saw no one that the Haws would not be strong favorites against.  Taking a one off game as a  barometer won't do much good (for me or you :-))

Archived