Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts

Amidst the white heat of 12 Juniors joining (plus 2 deferred) and speculation over others, this club's foray into the senior game is maybe slipping under the radar. They certainly look to have hit the ground running - advertising for a groundsman, recruiting additional committee with an open day on Saturday, and I see they had a facilities visit from the SFP yesterday while also confirming they'll be playing off Ballast Bank. Note from their social media they're relaying both goalmouths at the moment and I heard they're putting up additional spectator fencing. Not sure where they'll play but see are also entering the Lowland & EOS U20s league.

Going by their twitter they've appointed Lee Richardson as the manager, John Steel as the assistant and Stephen Harley as goalkeeping coach. Signings announced so far are Ryan O'Connor, Scott Russell, Bailie Kay and Adam Shaw, plus they've got an open training session tonight.

Non-league in Fife isn't my strongest point... anyone know the career history of the management and players?

Other IHS news?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mind having to go play them just off the water at under 19s, pitch was enclosed if I remember correctly. Wonder if same area will be used again of if will be next to the High School.

Can't say I've heard of any of coaches or players mentioned so apologies I can't answer that question. I was pretty surprised and excited when I heard the Swifts were entering the EOS league though. I remember when the whole organisation was starting I think around 99/2000. Someone may correct me here but I believe they started off with a few youth teams and were called Blue Brazil. They had a portacabin put in and trained on the playing field at Hillfield in Inverkeithing, They changed there name soon afterwards to Hillfield Swifts, not sure when Inverkeithing was added to the name. 

It will be interested to see what changes they make to the Ballast Bank (know as the Bally when I was lad) For the vast majority of the year it's pretty much an open public park, the pitch has a red ash running track round it and a wire fence, both of which are used for the highland games which takes place once a year (fans of the show Duck Dynasty may have seen it when they visited) The ground itself has a pretty impressive view towards the three bridges over the Forth. As for the town, well I can't say I miss it but for visiting fans, the train station being where it is means it's possibly the best served in Fife, the ground is 10 minutes walk away, the High Street area, which last time I counted had six pubs, is also ten minutes walk downhill to the Ballast Bank

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Amidst the white heat of 12 Juniors joining (plus 2 deferred) and speculation over others, this club's foray into the senior game is maybe slipping under the radar. They certainly look to have hit the ground running - advertising for a groundsman, recruiting additional committee with an open day on Saturday, and I see they had a facilities visit from the SFP yesterday while also confirming they'll be playing off Ballast Bank. Note from their social media they're relaying both goalmouths at the moment and I heard they're putting up additional spectator fencing. Not sure where they'll play but see are also entering the Lowland & EOS U20s league.

Going by their twitter they've appointed Lee Richardson as the manager, John Steel as the assistant and Stephen Harley as goalkeeping coach. Signings announced so far are Ryan O'Connor, Scott Russell, Bailie Kay and Adam Shaw, plus they've got an open training session tonight.

Non-league in Fife isn't my strongest point... anyone know the career history of the management and players?

Other IHS news?

Lee Richardson has been manager at Rosyth and Oakley, Jock Steel has been a player and coach at quite a few junior sides , Stevie Harley was gk coach at Oakley and a Cowden fan:lol: 

Gents, coaching credentials for myself are, started coaching at Burntisland shipyard after I done my cruciate, then moved onto Oakley United as assistant under stevie kay for 4 years, then moved to Rosyth as assistant for a few months then manager for 4 years, then moved to Dundonald bluebell as assistant to stevie kay, lasted 2 months then went to Oakley for a season and a half where it didn't work out. John Steel was assistant manager at glenrothes, lochore, scone, and manager at lochore and kelty and then followed me from Rosyth to Dundonald to Oakley, stevie Harley was our goalie coach at Oakley. 

Going to be a hard job starting from scratch at Inverkeithing hillfield swifts but really looking fwd to the new challenge and journey. Cheers Lee 

1 hour ago, number4 said:

Gents, coaching credentials for myself are, started coaching at Burntisland shipyard after I done my cruciate, then moved onto Oakley United as assistant under stevie kay for 4 years, then moved to Rosyth as assistant for a few months then manager for 4 years, then moved to Dundonald bluebell as assistant to stevie kay, lasted 2 months then went to Oakley for a season and a half where it didn't work out. John Steel was assistant manager at glenrothes, lochore, scone, and manager at lochore and kelty and then followed me from Rosyth to Dundonald to Oakley, stevie Harley was our goalie coach at Oakley. 

Going to be a hard job starting from scratch at Inverkeithing hillfield swifts but really looking fwd to the new challenge and journey. Cheers Lee 

Good luck to hillfield swifts except against camelon

1 hour ago, number4 said:

Good luck with the challenge. :)

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 15:51, HibeeJibee said:

Other IHS news?

Good luck to Inverkeithing, will definitely be down to watch a few games. Very smart appointments in Lee and John, both very experienced and will have contacts.

They will be in with a few big guns so not sure how they will cope and where any money would come from unless they have a few good sponsors.

Best of luck, like you say will be hard starting at level from scratch, but you have a good youth foundation to help feed in to you for the future years. I remember playing against hillfield at U-15s 11 years ago and even then they were a good set up.

On 30/05/2018 at 13:28, HibeeJibee said:

More signings:

DdrJo98VMAEb8ox.jpg

DdrJtZ6U0AAnA7S.jpg

DeRm3qmXkAA-4RV.jpg

Lee Duffy's still a classy player even if he's getting on.

I remember watching John Steel play in some good Saints sides many moons ago.

I hope we get Inverkeithing in either the League or League cup.

I'm seriously getting excited about next season.

It's gonna be a tough first season for the Swifts up against some well established clubs. Everything depends on the ability to compete with other local clubs for experienced players I guess.

Some decent young players signed and some ex junior journeymen also, but experience is key for the Swifts in this first season imo.

Was cycling past there today, I had thought the  construction cabs etc were that were there for associated with the ground, but it looks like it was just to do the road.

What are the Swifts plans, at the moment they don’t even have goals on site and as my boy training down at ballast bank has noted is just a dog fouling haven

Archived