1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

Well, as much as I detest the royal family & yearn for an independent republic. That’s just utter bullshit that you plucked off of Facebook & you didn’t even do it correctly.
There is enough to hate the royal family about, without just making stuff up.
Just sayin.

The figure for the cladding was widely reported at the time ,the amount for outfits was quoted on the radio just before I posted which is why I said apparently...also I've never been on Facebook in m life.....

Apologies for the deep upset it caused you.

Well, as much as I detest the royal family & yearn for an independent republic. That’s just utter bullshit that you plucked off of Facebook & you didn’t even do it correctly.
There is enough to hate the royal family about, without just making stuff up.
Just sayin.

I think that was the difference in cost between the cladding that was used and the fireproof stuff that wasn’t as cheap. I seem to remember this figure coming out around the time also.
The sheer opulence of these people having extravagant weddings whilst their ‘subjects’ starve or live in the era of austerity, theres kids who cant even get a lunch at school but we can pay for the wedding of millionaires.

I think that was the difference in cost between the cladding that was used and the fireproof stuff that wasn’t as cheap. I seem to remember this figure coming out around the time also.
The sheer opulence of these people having extravagant weddings whilst their ‘subjects’ starve or live in the era of austerity, theres kids who cant even get a lunch at school but we can pay for the wedding of millionaires.

It’s ok though they generate far more than they spend through tourism so that gives them an excuse to piss tax payers money away.

It’s ok though they generate far more than they spend through tourism so that gives them an excuse to piss tax payers money away.

No, the castles do. Also the cost of policing the royals year in year out is actually in the hundreds of millions.
Building a Disney theme park would bring in the same kind of money if we want to go down the ‘tourist revenue’ theme.
If we had a royal family model like the Dutch i’d find it significantly less objectionable, where the drain on the populous is significantly less and they don’t have round the clock protection for the Dutch equivalents of Beatrice and Eugenie.

9 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Anyone genuinely excited or even remotely interested in this circus, is a complete c**t.

Don't even know what day it's on. He's 6th reserve for the throne ffs, who cares. Sure they didn't have this amount of fuss about minor royals getting married before.

28 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Is she a bridesmaid? We are in Pippa Middleton territory here if she is.

Except she is about 50,000,000 times hotter than Pippa Middleton.

Need to find out how to contact the BBC and say I don’t think celebrity gossip about the father of a minor US TV star not turning up to her wedding to a posh waster from London is worth top item on the news.

1 hour ago, The OP said:

Except she is about 50,000,000 times hotter than Pippa Middleton.

Need to find out how to contact the BBC and say I don’t think celebrity gossip about the father of a minor US TV star not turning up to her wedding to a posh waster from London is worth top item on the news.

You're watching the pleb version. C4 news made no mention and I doubt Newsnight will. Feel sorry for the old c**t though, retired in Mexico and paparazzi rent the house next door to catch him looking dishevelled to embarrass his daughter? 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/15/thomas-markle-is-the-latest-victim-of-the-abusive-relationship-between-press-and-palace

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Anyone genuinely excited or even remotely interested in this circus, is a complete c**t.

I was only hoping it was during the week so we could get the day off work. C*nts can’t even do that for us.