2008 UEFA Cup Final tenth anniversary celebration thread

Hard to believe its ten years ago to the day since the 2008 UEFA Cup Final in Manchester,  such a carnival of joy, colour and happiness. 

Post your favourite stories and pictures of that never to be forgotten day here.

wpid-rangersriotreuters_450x350.jpg

rangers_1342565c.jpg

football1505_468x300.jpg

article-1019816-01401B0100000578-403_468x296.jpg

12_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I can't see past Gordon Smith in his SFA role, suggesting that the Scottish Cup final be shifted to accommodate Rangers' European quest.

Utter, utter b*****d of a man.

Imagine wanting to help a Scottish club promote the Scottish game in a European cup final, what a kunt..

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Imagine wanting to help a Scottish club promote the Scottish game in a European cup final, what a kunt..

I couldn't agree more Bennett.  Riding roughshod over his own organisation's flagship competition, the biggest game in the entire history of a Scottish club, is truly despicable.

That's leaving aside, of course, the version of Scotland promoted by Rangers fans when they got to Manchester.

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

The Scottish Cup Final was ten days AFTER the UEFA Cup Final,  how would putting the game v Queen of the South BACK a week have helped Rangers chances against Zenit?

Are you genuinely as thick as pigshit?

Actually dont bother answering that second question. 

Just now, Flybhoy said:

The Scottish Cup Final was ten days AFTER the UEFA Cup Final,  how would putting the game v Queen of the South BACK a week have helped Rangers chances against Zenit?

Are you genuinely as thick as pigshit?

Actually dont bother answering that second question. 

Watch your blood pressure Mags, don't want you collapsing in a heap.

It would have eased the backlog, thus giving a Scottish c a better chance...

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I couldn't agree more Bennett.  Riding roughshod over his own organisation's flagship competition, the biggest game in the entire history of a Scottish club, is truly despicable.

That's leaving aside, of course, the version of Scotland promoted by Rangers fans when they got to Manchester.

Awa and dinna talk pish, you wanted qots to have the best chance of winning it, which is understandable.

29 minutes ago, bennett said:

Awa and dinna talk pish, you wanted qots to have the best chance of winning it, which is understandable.

I wanted us to have the full Cup Final experience, which meant a Saturday.

To reduce it to a midweek fixture would have been a disgrace.  A spectacular display of contemptuous arrogance.

In fairness, the proposal came from an SFA figure rather than one attached at the time to Rangers.  Disgusting behaviour from a grotty individual.

In the post match interviews on German tv, both Fernando Ricksen & Dick Advocaat were asked if they had any commiserations / sorrow for their former colleagues / club.

"Hell no, we're Zenit St. Petersburg guys nowadays, get it up them!"

The comments section on the Manchester Evening News was a hoot. I recall the quote from one local resident who opened his curtains the morning after the game only to discover a Rangers fan "taking a crap" on his front lawn.

Archived