Offence, Goodwin's Law and forum admin

Isabel Goudie has been on this forum under the nom de plume for 9 years, despite accusation to the contrary Isabel doesn’t use foul or abusive language or indulge in vitriolic comment. Under this Pseudonym, or any other previous, and despite some forth right views and no doubt an inherent ability to irritate, Isabel has never been banned. However, that record has is now no longer intact and last week received a three day ban for the use of inappropriate language.

Over the piece there has been a lot of inaccurate accusation. Two or three posters referred to the comparison to animals and have accused me of calling them an animal, not so much taking offence when none was intended as taking offence for something that was not implied. I was not calling folk monkeys in that sense, rather I was suggesting they were “dancing to a tune”. So please, if you are of a mind to take offence do so for the reason intended. Calling people animals is not my style, is lazy rancorous and clichéd.  

Then we have Godwin’s Law and the reason I was banned. Goodwin’s Law states that if and when someone makes reference to Hitler during an online debate they, by default, lose the debate. However it also stated that should the reference be accurate then of course this doesn’t apply. Firstly, I made no reference to Hitler, secondly my reference was one of ultimate treachery, which I consider to be appropriate in the debate.

I therefore maintain that I should not have been banned and suggest that some of the comments, and outright sustained anti Junior opinion, was more serious given the fact that it was perpetrated from within a forum dedicated to Junior Football.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Isabel Goudie has been on this forum under the nom de plume for 9 years, despite accusation to the contrary Isabel doesn’t use foul or abusive language or indulge in vitriolic comment. Under this Pseudonym, or any other previous, and despite some forth right views and no doubt an inherent ability to irritate, Isabel has never been banned. However, that record has is now no longer intact and last week received a three day ban for the use of inappropriate language.

Over the piece there has been a lot of inaccurate accusation. Two or three posters referred to the comparison to animals and have accused me of calling them an animal, not so much taking offence when none was intended as taking offence for something that was not implied. I was not calling folk monkeys in that sense, rather I was suggesting they were “dancing to a tune”. So please, if you are of a mind to take offence do so for the reason intended. Calling people animals is not my style, is lazy rancorous and clichéd.  

Then we have Godwin’s Law and the reason I was banned. Goodwin’s Law states that if and when someone makes reference to Hitler during an online debate they, by default, lose the debate. However it also stated that should the reference be accurate then of course this doesn’t apply. Firstly, I made no reference to Hitler, secondly my reference was one of ultimate treachery, which I consider to be appropriate in the debate.

I therefore maintain that I should not have been banned and suggest that some of the comments, and outright sustained anti Junior opinion, was more serious given the fact that it was perpetrated from within a forum dedicated to Junior Football.

Apology accepted

Can anyone please justify why my post was removed?

Nothing about it was offensive, it simply challenged the premise of my ban and some misconception. Is this what it has become, only opinion that the mods agree with be allowed?

1 minute ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Can anyone please justify why my post was removed?

Nothing about it was offensive, it simply challenged the premise of my ban and some misconception. Is this what it has become, only opinion that the mods agree with be allowed?

I didnt remove it but Im guessing it was to save you the embarrassment of someone pointing out that you'd confused Jim Goodwin with Mike Godwin.

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Do you work as a statement writer for Rangers?

Using his name again get another banning order on him disgrace.

Your complete lack of self awareness continues to be one of the single most astonishing things on this forum. Wow. Just wow.

Welcome back Isa,though tbqh,I hadn't noticed you were absent. Now stop talking in the third person or you'll end up like Jimmy.:(

Missed opportunity for more use of "concomitant" IMO

2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Sevco-esque in its statementness.

2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Well let me tell you something brother!

Isabel Goudie has been on this forum under the nom de plume for 9 years jack, despite accusation to the contrary Isabel doesn’t use foul or abusive language or indulge in vitriolic comment brother! Under this Pseudonym, or any other previous, and despite some forth right views and no doubt an inherent ability to irritate, Isabel has never been banned dude! However, that record has is now no longer intact jack, and last week finally...... received a three day ban for the use of inappropriate language.  Dig it!

WHAT?!

Over the piece there has been a lot of inaccurate accusation. Two or three jabronis referred to the comparison to animals and have accused me of calling them an animal, not so much taking offence when none was intended as taking offence for something that was not implied. I was not calling folk candy ass monkeys in that sense, rather I was suggesting they were “stylin' and profilin'”. So please, if you are of a mind to take offence do so for the reason intended. Calling people animals is not my style, is lazy rancorous and clichéd. Ooohhh yeeeaaaahhh!

WHAT?!

Then we have Godwin’s Law and the reason I was banned. Goodwin’s Law states that if and when someone makes reference to Hitler during an online debate they, by default, lose the debate. However it also stated that should the reference be accurate then of course this doesn’t apply. Firstly, I made no reference to Hitler, secondly my reference was one of ultimate warrior, which I consider to be appropriate in the debate. Everyone has their price.

WHAT?!

I therefore maintain that I should not have been banned and suggest that some of the comments, and outright sustained anti Junior opinion, was more serious given the fact that it was perpetrated from within a forum dedicated to Junior Football 4 life! Too sweeeeeeeet!

And that's the bottom line cos Isabel said so!

FTFY

Archived