Rangers 2018/19 European Extravaganza!

KnightswoodBear

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These games are never easy but considering our starting line-up in the home tie against Progres was this:

Fod
Tav Bates Cardoso Wallace
Niko Jack Holt
Waghorn Miller Dalcio

I think we have reason to be significantly more confident with the better starting 11 that we will have tonight.

My predictions for this evening:

• An infestation of ABE Yessers and grey and green dross on the thread
  • Some puns on the word 'progress'
  • Dreadful grammar
  • Some variations on 'yer deid'/'yer skint'
  • A comfortable home win with little required in the away leg

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

• Dreadful grammar

You'll be bang on with that except I'm not as confident on the comfortable home win as you are.

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

• Dreadful grammar

I start with the dreadful grammar lol but I don't expect rangers to find this match easy if they are near the level of KF Shkendija was a few years ago against Aberdeen. They was a good side which we was lucky to get through and technically a very skillful side - the next two seasons they have got to the play-offs of the Europa League. FK Vardar who won the league the season before got to the Europa League Group stages last season beating the likes of Malmo and Fenerbahce.  

7 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

They'll all be watching anyway. That's the easiest prediction to make of the lot.

No I'll be attending a European game of my own thankfully won't have to put up with the bigotry :)

5 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I start with the dreadful grammar lol but I don't expect rangers to find this match easy if they are near the level of KF Shkendija was a few years ago against Aberdeen. They was a good side which we was lucky to get through and technically a very skillful side - the next two seasons they have got to the play-offs of the Europa League. FK Vardar who won the league the season before got to the Europa League Group stages last season beating the likes of Malmo and Fenerbahce.  

Excellent post and that's 2 predictions right.  Thanks.  Have a Charles.

I don't expect we'll find it easy but I think we've made a lot of progress since this time last season.

There you go.  3/5 on the prediction list.

10 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I've had a look at the Macedonian league table of last season and looked at their results in Europe so far this season.

Shkendija totally skooshed the league and demolished TNS 5-0. You'd assume from that they are significantly better than the other Macedonian sides in European competition.

Vardar actually just lost 1-0 away to an Armenian side. Supposedly they were poor and deserved to lose.

It really depends on how big the gap actually is between Shkupi and Shkendija. I do see the bookies odds as ridiculously harsh on Shkupi though and there will be value there.

Archived