Rangers 2018/19 European Extravaganza!

KnightswoodBear

6 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

It's always the same kind of players as well. Technical players who aren't seen as getting "stuck in" even if they work hard. 

Flanagan gets more praise than Ejaria which is just ridiculous.

I thought Flanagan was pish last night.  Partly because he's being played out of position.  Don't hear too many folk giving him a hard time. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I thought Flanagan was pish last night.  Partly because he's being played out of position.  Don't hear too many folk giving him a hard time. 

Because he gets stuck in!!!

He's not good going forward at all. Potentially will be better on the right but Tav's never injured so he'll play there rarely.

He will be useful for hard away games like at Easter Road but not all useful in those kind of games.

49 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Because he gets stuck in!!!

He's not good going forward at all. Potentially will be better on the right but Tav's never injured so he'll play there rarely.

He will be useful for hard away games like at Easter Road but not all useful in those kind of games.

There was a move last night were we swept up the left and Ejaria (I think) played a lovely ball to the onrushing Flanagan.  It was perfect for a left footed player to whip a first time ball across the box and we had players moving in.  Flanagan had to stop and cut inside to get it onto his right foot and allowed Ufa to regroup.

Massively frustrating.

3 hours ago, ssdon said:

Good result with a clean sheet.

Some of these foreign teams have poor away form but very good home form but looking at this mob they are nothing special at home.

An away goal will kill the game.

That was my thinking as well. Zenit, Krasnodar and the Moscow teams have all shown pretty formidable home form in Europe, but this Ufa mob don't look great. No reason Rangers can't see this tie out.

Europa League: Celtic 1-0 Zenit St Petersburg - BBC Sport
Rangers v FC Ufa: Steven Gerrard's side close in on Europa League - BBC Sport
Watching this game last night reminded me of the zenit game,the stats and possession are much the same,the only difference is the reporting.

Fingers crossed that our 2nd leg performance over there isn’t the same eh Willie? [emoji6]

22 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Coulibaly looks like he's missing this one and the game at Parkhead.  Huge loss for the team.

Yeah I've seen that one. Big loss and looks like he will miss Sunday too.

Hopefully he'll be back not long after the international break has ended as he made a huge difference to how we played.

7 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Yeah I've seen that one. Big loss and looks like he will miss Sunday too.

Hopefully he'll be back not long after the international break has ended as he made a huge difference to how we played.

I'm not going to lie, I've got the fear about this game today.

21:00 ko here, nice to watch a Scottish team in European fixture playing at a reasonable time.

Thought you would stroll this until I watched the game on Sunday. Dug shite defending again and yer oot.

Archived