Rangers 2018/19 European Extravaganza!

KnightswoodBear

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Maribor just won 5-0 :o

They seem to win every game in that league five-something.

I don't think they're as good as they were 6-7 years ago when they were humping Hibs and knocked pre-admin Rangers out of Europe. e.g. back then Tavares was in his prime. When they played Hibs they had a young Josip Ilicic, who has made a >decent career in Serie A (Palermo, Fiorentina, Atalanta).

12 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

They seem to win every game in that league five-something.

I don't think they're as good as they were 6-7 years ago when they were humping Hibs and knocked pre-admin Rangers out of Europe. e.g. back then Tavares was in his prime. When they played Hibs they had a young Josip Ilicic, who has made a >decent career in Serie A (Palermo, Fiorentina, Atalanta).

I've talked to a couple of Maribor fans on twitter and they all agree that they were better 2-3+ years ago than they are now.

You could tell Taveres used to be a quality player. Great touch and awareness but one of the slowest players I've ever seen.

Does anyone have any idea of pubs in Glasgow, preferably south side somewhere, that have Premier Sports?
I think the Granary in Shawlands does - the second leg versus Osijek was on in there.

15 minutes ago, Markka said:
8 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:
Does anyone have any idea of pubs in Glasgow, preferably south side somewhere, that have Premier Sports?

I think the Granary in Shawlands does - the second leg versus Osijek was on in there.

Perfect! 

22 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

We're 1/6 to qualify. Worries me how confident the bookies are that we will go through.

Progres at 3/1. That would be brilliant if that was our last tie before the groups.

No way we're that sure to qualify.  3-1 was a great result, but they're a decent side and should be a different prospect at home.  I think we need to score.

Archived