Peterhead 2018/19

8 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Jim staying as manager for next season

Fully expecting a relegation battle next season then.  With almost any other manager Peterhead would have won this league comfortably last season and this one!

I get he is good friends with the chairman but he's holding the club back.

Fully expecting a relegation battle next season then.  With almost any other manager Peterhead would have won this league comfortably last season and this one!
I get he is good friends with the chairman but he's holding the club back.
Finish above Annan and we will be fine [emoji6]

Think this news will be greeted with mixed feelings from our support,  think Jim has done a lot to bring a better standard of player than we should expect he has had great backing from the board for this and really should have last seasons title won.  Some folk think everything at Peterhead is getting a wee bit too cosy for players but difficult to recruit guys from all over the country & expect twice weekly training & travelling to games. We have had to offer good wages & we certainly look after our players well. Thought a new role may have been found for Jim to keep him involved but a new manager brought in to freshen things up, Jim obviously fancies another crack at League 1 & hopefully it works out but with an ageing squad he needs a few quality additions to make a challenge in the coming season.

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

Think this news will be greeted with mixed feelings from our support,  think Jim has done a lot to bring a better standard of player than we should expect he has had great backing from the board for this and really should have last seasons title won.  Some folk think everything at Peterhead is getting a wee bit too cosy for players but difficult to recruit guys from all over the country & expect twice weekly training & travelling to games. We have had to offer good wages & we certainly look after our players well. Thought a new role may have been found for Jim to keep him involved but a new manager brought in to freshen things up, Jim obviously fancies another crack at League 1 & hopefully it works out but with an ageing squad he needs a few quality additions to make a challenge in the coming season.

Has Jamie Stevenson re- signed? He was excellent in the games against Cowden ( missing for the last one if I remember correctly)

5 hours ago, peternapper said:

Thought Willie signed a 2 year deal last season. Think Jamie has at least another season in him, was a stand out most of last season before picking up an injury toward the end of the season a huge miss when not playing.

Yeah, he is signed for next year.  It was just me being sarcastic.

10 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

Is Scott brown signed on for next year chaps?

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/i-love-playing-for-peterhead-brown-relaxed-about-future/

Can't see him signing for another part time club  although full time Dunfermline were rumoured to be sniffing around him.

Hope he decides to stay with us.

Aye, really pleased for Jamie. Would take him back in a heartbeat, he’s getting better with age!

He was more than ok when he was with us. I was disappointed when he left. I’m also glad he is doing well. Always tried hard. Good luck to him.