Peterhead 2018/19

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Is Karim Belmokhtar any good ? 

Made very few appearances for us mostly from the bench. Certainly has skill and can easily beat a few players but for whatever reason was hardly used.

Edinburgh fans seemed to think he was a lazy kind of player so maybe something to do with that.

• 2 weeks later...

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He can't be released unless it's to join Peterhead permanently (well he can be, but he can't play for anyone else so it would be pretty pointless). It's a strange move for someone to make at this stage when he's available for transfer. He's played for Ross County this season so as soon as he steps on the pitch for Peterhead he can't play for anyone else until next season. I would presume Peterhead have already agreed to take him permanently in January.

Interesting comment on the Ross County thread. Looks like he can't play for another SPFL club after January so would have to stay with us or go back to Ross County (although they don't appear to want him) or sign for a non SPFL club.

On 13/09/2018 at 15:11, NewBlue said:

Ryan Dow has joined on loan from Ross County. Probably a decent signing if he can add some creativity to the squad.

If he gets time on the ball, he'll rip defences a new one at your level.  If he doesn't - and I'm going to guess this is more likely - he'll disappear without trace.    Apparently he's played fifty odd games for County.  In that time, he's probably had five good games.  In those five, he was pretty much unstoppable.  The other 45 games he was a waste of a shirt.  

On 9/13/2018 at 17:11, 1320Lichtie said:

Would never think a Peterhead fan would be saying this a good few year ago, never hit the heights some of his pals at United had. Lot of hype and hope around him at that time too.

Yeah we have had players in the recent past who are good on paper and 'drop down' to play for us and do not make the impact I had hoped for, so going to hold my judgement until we get some results. Save me any possible disappointment.

Yeah we have had players in the recent past who are good on paper and 'drop down' to play for us and do not make the impact I had hoped for, so going to hold my judgement until we get some results. Save me any possible disappointment.

If McInally doesn’t get you promoted then he needs the bullet.

I read that Ryan Dow is his son in law. Makes a bit more sense now, should be a good signing and not another Chris Johnston or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...