Peterhead 2018/19

I suppose I could have posted in the cup thread but why not in the wrong place. Midfielders starting in defence. Unable to get a corner past/over/round the first defender. No inspiration from the more experienced players, or dug out.

Same old.

Bleh.

13 hours ago, cabbage74 said:

I suppose I could have posted in the cup thread but why not in the wrong place. Midfielders starting in defence. Unable to get a corner past/over/round the first defender. No inspiration from the more experienced players, or dug out.

Same old.

Bleh.

Well Cabbage 74, could my Balmoor exile be over soon or will they overcome their mediocre start and go on a purple patch - only to fall at the final hurdle once again? Remember the board's policy is "In Jim We Trust" !!

Guest TOPFITTER

Not surprised there is little response on here after an insipid League Cup effort so far! Those I talked to during and after the game yesterday were disappointed yes but Surprised NO, they seem to have become used to their team letting them down too often and just accept it is what Peterhead do, appear to have quality but not use it consistently.

If I was one of those investing heavily in the "Blue Toon" I would be seething at the showing so far this season especially with  those who appear to be not giving a Feck and not putting a shift in, Hard working teams will always beat skillful teams especially when the skillful team is not working hard !!! and there I am afraid appears to be the "PETERHEAD DILLEMA"  other teams hard work negating PFC's skills, it only takes 1 or 2 to be off it and the rest of the team suffers big style.

For me we have always started well in the cup then flagged in the league, so I am hoping doing pish now means we might be better in the league?

I was more concerned that we could only muster 5 subs and one of them is a youngster.

The bookies have us as favourites to win the league this season just like they did last season. How on earth do they come to this conclusion? Unless there is a big improvement very soon I can't see us mounting a challenge this season.

Guest TOPFITTER
2 hours ago, BinosCammy said:

Any Peterhead fans on here at the game yesterday? How did we play ? 2 lucky goals or well worked ? Quite suprised we beat you's tbh especially at Balmoor 

Hard working teams will always beat skillful teams especially when the skillful team is not working hard !!!

Guess which one Albion were ? MacDonald took his well from Stewart and he took the second well, however they will struggle to meet easier full backs all season and thus the centre-halfs get pulled out of position.

Albion with a mix of youth and experience and some tough albeit barely legal tackling appeared more up for it, (what did they get for lunch at The Altens Hotel ?) have it every pre-match, it worked !

4 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

Hard working teams will always beat skillful teams especially when the skillful team is not working hard !!!

Guess which one Albion were ? MacDonald took his well from Stewart and he took the second well, however they will struggle to meet easier full backs all season and thus the centre-halfs get pulled out of position.

Albion with a mix of youth and experience and some tough albeit barely legal tackling appeared more up for it, (what did they get for lunch at The Altens Hotel ?) have it every pre-match, it worked !

We kept the ball on the ground and nullified your taller players.  Peterhead have always been known as a big physical side,  never thought they were considered to be  particularly skilful, although they didn't use their physical advantages on Saturday.

It  says it all when the match sponsor gave your goalkeeper MOM even if he didn't have much to do.

Like yours   our entire bench were teenagers.

2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Squad list in the 1st post updated with youngsters Ryan Gibson and Liam McDonald added. Let me know if there are any mistakes.

Brilliant, thanks NewBlue.

Minor thing is that Ryan Gibson is showing on the SPFL site as being on loan from Queen Of The South.

Guest TOPFITTER

Has the start to this seasons' football been so depressing the Blue Toon Faithful cannot summons a few presses on the key-board ? My answer frankly is YES, not a crumb of comfort in the Cup results for me whatever the Manager or Peterhead FC Spin Doctor say. I was positive with the signings and Lyle and Eadie look positive can't comment on Boyle or Dunlop when will they be playing? Unless the standard on show improves (quite a bit) no way my 17400 miles last year will be in danger of being beat unlike PFC at the moment.

C'Mon BLUE  TOON show Gus MacPherson and his Queens Park the real PETERHEAD FOOTBALL CLUB !!!