Peterhead 2018/19

28 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Good to hear it. As much as I think we need a bit of a freshen up I think McLean was on everyone's list of players to keep.

21 minutes ago, strichener said:

Not to Worry, there will probably be another 15 midfielders :whistlein the 18 man squad that can take his place for these games.

The good news is that there will be 4 more games on grass pitches next season - if the Albion Rovers pitch can be classified as grass.

2 minutes ago, blueone said:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/staying-loyal-to-blue-toon-boss-jim-was-simple-for-balmoor-stalwart-stevenson/

Jamie signs on as well. :thumsup2

Pleased about that.

"Can play at full back".  :lol: i.e. forced to play there as we didn't have anyone else.

When was the last time we actually had a right back signed? I think Jason Brown might be a full back as well (although he never plays there) and we had Cammy Kerr on loan. Would the last recognised right back be Davie Donald? Sharpie was a decent stand in but he was a winger and Stevenson is good but has been caught out a few times (understandable as he isn't a defender) but you would think it is about time we got that position sorted.

Good to have Jamie for another season, actually had him down as Player of the Year last season. He is adaptable & if allowed adds to our threat going forward. Still think we need a quality centre-half which would let Jason Brown cover full back & Jamie move up field a bit. Would hope Jason  & Mason stay which with the addition of a central defender & possibly Boyle coming in on the left would give us a bit of cover.

54 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

When was the last time we actually had a right back signed? I think Jason Brown might be a full back as well (although he never plays there) and we had Cammy Kerr on loan. Would the last recognised right back be Davie Donald? Sharpie was a decent stand in but he was a winger and Stevenson is good but has been caught out a few times (understandable as he isn't a defender) but you would think it is about time we got that position sorted.

Still plying his trade in Aberdeenshire Amateur football alongside his brother. Good player.

6 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Still plying his trade in Aberdeenshire Amateur football alongside his brother. Good player.

Wasted.  Should have stayed at Peterhead but I am sure he kind of lost interest in football for a while or I may be recollecting wrongly.

14 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Good to have Jamie for another season, actually had him down as Player of the Year last season. He is adaptable & if allowed adds to our threat going forward. Still think we need a quality centre-half which would let Jason Brown cover full back & Jamie move up field a bit. Would hope Jason  & Mason stay which with the addition of a central defender & possibly Boyle coming in on the left would give us a bit of cover.

Has Aiden left/not been signed?

Edited by strichener

12 minutes ago, strichener said:

Wasted.  Should have stayed at Peterhead but I am sure he kind of lost interest in football for a while or I may be recollecting wrongly.

Has Aiden left/not been signed?

Not sure if Aiden has been spoken to yet, could be a number of players on holiday meantime, did hear the lad Boyles name spoken about a wee while ago not sure if he is an out & out left back or not or possibly play more central.

Apparently Jamie Stevenson lives out Cumbernauld/Kirkintilloch way and I always held out hopes that he’d sign for us one day. That opportunity has probably now passed, if it was ever even there.

Always thought he was a cracking player, continually one of the best in the lower leagues and in the 5 games I seen him play against us last season, he seems to have taken to the Right Back role and looked a natural there.

23 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I though Aiden was a decent player - not a stand out but reliable and steady and didn't seem to make many mistakes. Would be happy to see him back.

Agree Aiden is one of those players that just gets on with things maybe without doing anything that stands out, certainly would not be disappointed if he signs on again.

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Would hope Jason  & Mason stay which with the addition of a central defender & possibly Boyle coming in on the left would give us a bit of cover.

Fairly certain that Jason has at least agreed to sign if not actually put pen to paper yet.

59 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I have updated the initial post with a squad list for the season. I will keep it updated as we add more to it, but is there anyone else for now that is under contract?

Simon Ferry has signed - https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/it-was-a-no-brainer-for-ferry-to-stay-on-at-peterhead-as-he-signs-one-year-deal/

Please move Jamie Stevenson from defence into midfield, he is wasted in defence.

1 minute ago, Blue-Toon said:

Simon Ferry has signed - https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/it-was-a-no-brainer-for-ferry-to-stay-on-at-peterhead-as-he-signs-one-year-deal/

Please move Jamie Stevenson from defence into midfield, he is wasted in defence.

Updated. Although you know he will be playing at RB :lol: