Confirmed Transfers - Winter '19

I always thought he could be quite handy when he fancied it. Certainly not a guy I'd be disappointed to see at the Rock.
If we're planning on going defensive next season again though then there'd be no point.

Of the list of Raith players released, I'd far rather have Spence and Furtado ahead of Barr.

Aye, Barr can be cracking on his day, but he doesn't have his day nearly often enough imo. And for the battle we're about to embark on, both on and off the pitch, someone with his attitude is exactly what we don't need as far as I'm concerned.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

East Fife update:

Ryan Inglis and Kyle Wilson have both been released and we are in negotiations with both Connor McManus and Craig Thomson, they haven't been released yet!!!

3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

East Fife update:

Ryan Inglis and Kyle Wilson have both been released and we are in negotiations with both Connor McManus and Craig Thomson, they haven't been released yet!!!

Cheers! I'll get that updated.

In other news Forfar (who have had a busy summer already) have added Stenny's Ross Meechan.

9 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
17 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:
That's the first of the seven we released sorted for a new club, as Grant Gallagher signs for Airdrieonians.
https://www.airdriefc.com/grantgallagher-180518

And the other Gallagher.

That's you mixing up your Gallaghers and your Gallachers. Good luck to Scott, he's a very decent 'keeper. It just took him time to regain his confidence. 

Please let us keep Calum Gallagher.

4 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Who'd have thought that any Sons fan would have been saying that six months ago?!

I've always liked wee Calum. He's a very well spoken young man above all else. 

I've always liked wee Calum. He's a very well spoken young man above all else. 

He's always given his all which is welcome, however it's the minimum requirement as far as I'm concerned.

I felt he just wasn't up to the level this season but he does have a good record against League One sides this season and due to that I'm also keen to retain him as he could be good at that level.

3 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

He's always given his all which is welcome, however it's the minimum requirement as far as I'm concerned.

I felt he just wasn't up to the level this season but he does have a good record against League One sides this season and due to that I'm also keen to retain him as he could be good at that level.

I think the biggest thing that we learned about him last season is that he's never a winger. He's not the most skilful and his control isn't exactly, erm, close, but up top he's quick, strong, a hardworker and seems to have a good knack of scoring striker's goals. Most of his have been tap ins or pouncing on mistakes. In a more attacking side I think he'll do well.

I think the biggest thing that we learned about him last season is that he's never a winger. He's not the most skilful and his control isn't exactly, erm, close, but up top he's quick, strong, a hardworker and seems to have a good knack of scoring striker's goals. Most of his have been tap ins or pouncing on mistakes. In a more attacking side I think he'll do well.

I'm in agreement with that. I think it's fairly important who he has to support him.

On his own with no support from the midfield (as the vast majority of this season has seen) and he'd struggle. But if he has someone alongside him or runners from midfield then I think he could be a success for us in League One.

That's us signed Scott Agnew (Stranraer), Ross Dunlop (Stennie) and Ross Davidson (Albion Rovers)!!![emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Archived