Confirmed Transfers - Winter '19

24 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

You’ll never concede another penalty! That’s for sure!

I’d have taken him in a heartbeat, anyway!

Remember him playing a blinder for Livingston against Stranraer in the Challenge Cup semi final in 2014/15. Made a handful of excellent saves in extra time and denied the otherwise forgettable Anthony Marenghi in the shootout.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barr and Stewart's wages must be honoured, they won't be cut. Both players do however have a period of "grace" where they can find themselves a deal elsewhere if it suits. That period is now.  Stevie in the paper saying he hopes to keep both but I don't doubt they'll both be weighing up their options, Barr must have suitors anyway - despite being relegated from the Championship the last 2 years he's more than capable of playing at that level. If we could throw more money at him I would be advocating it, sadly we have none to throw about.

If we could find someone to take Stewart I'd let him go and use his (rather sizeable) wage on someone who won't sit on their arse for 6 months of the season. 

I stand corrected on the contract situation of Barr and Stewart then, I didn't know that.

With regards to your last comment on Stewart, you may know more than me, but on the face of it, I'd say that's a tad unfair. He's been injured for a chunk has he not? And then when he returned to the bench it seemed Aitken was set not to use him. Unless I've missed something which is entirely possible.

Just now, DumbartonTheSons said:

I stand corrected on the contract situation of Barr and Stewart then, I didn't know that.

With regards to your last comment on Stewart, you may know more than me, but on the face of it, I'd say that's a tad unfair. He's been injured for a chunk has he not? And then when he returned to the bench it seemed Aitken was set not to use him. Unless I've missed something which is entirely possible.

The word is he was injured for most of it, yes. Of course, there's not much Mark Stewart can do about being injured, it's not really his fault his legs are made of chocolate, but as a club I don't think we can afford to have one of our highest earners sitting on the bench for much of the season, regardless of his reasons for being there.  he's a good player and if we could guarantee he stayed fit then I'd gladly have him starting every week. We can't limp through another season with our main striker injured/on the bench not being used. If the wage he's rumoured to be on is true (and I stress I have no inside knowledge there) then I think we can put that to better use than giving it to Stewart.

The word is he was injured for most of it, yes. Of course, there's not much Mark Stewart can do about being injured, it's not really his fault his legs are made of chocolate, but as a club I don't think we can afford to have one of our highest earners sitting on the bench for much of the season, regardless of his reasons for being there.  he's a good player and if we could guarantee he stayed fit then I'd gladly have him starting every week. We can't limp through another season with our main striker injured/on the bench not being used. If the wage he's rumoured to be on is true (and I stress I have no inside knowledge there) then I think we can put that to better use than giving it to Stewart.

I agree. I do hope that with a good pre-season he can hit the ground running next season as he (and Nade, for numbers if nothing else) was a miss for us in the second half of the season.

Although if he is handsomely paid, then I daresay his wage could be better used funding a goal scorer (I know, I know, they don't grow on trees) as I'm not sure Stewart would get the required number of goals for our main striker even in League One.

Andy Dowie re-signs for 1 more year.Pleased with that.

Absolutely. He was solid and dependable last season as well as winning absolutely everything in the air.

I'd have been very happy with him staying had we been dossing in the Championship again so I'm delighted he's signed for League One.

It's only our first signing but it's a very positive one. Well Done, Stevie.[emoji1303]

Just now, fifer67 said:

East Fife and Arbroath rumoured to be fighting for the signatures of Jason Thomson and Greig Spence also hearing Bobby Barr heading to Dumbarton.

Would be pleased with that. If we'd like to go for Spence then that'd be better though.

Connor McManus has joined Stranraer from East Fife:

http://www.stranraerfc.org/index.php/77-latest-news/1197-mcmanus-signing

Would be pleased with that. If we'd like to go for Spence then that'd be better though.
Connor McManus has joined Stranraer from East Fife:
http://www.stranraerfc.org/index.php/77-latest-news/1197-mcmanus-signing

Believe me you don’t want Barr. Ask any Raith fan and I reckon they’ll tell you the same thing.

Was always a player I’d have loved to have but after seeing him last season he was absolutely dreadful apart from a 20 minute spell against us at Starks.

Spence in a good team will be the one of the best strikers in that league though.

1 hour ago, fifer67 said:

East Fife and Arbroath rumoured to be fighting for the signatures of Jason Thomson and Greig Spence also hearing Bobby Barr heading to Dumbarton.

Would take Thomson and/or Spence in a heart beat to be honest.

Wouldn't get overly excited about signing Bobby Barr if I was a Sons fan.

As the Montrose page is now defunct il have to post in here.Local paper has it that contract extension's and a new player will be unveiled today.Not a clue who the new player is just have to wait and see.Kerr Hay,Gary Fraser and Conor McLaren have left the club also.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

As the Montrose page is now defunct il have to post in here.Local paper has it that contract extension's and a new player will be unveiled today.Not a clue who the new player is just have to wait and see.Kerr Hay,Gary Fraser and Conor McLaren have left the club also.

Cheers - was needing the Montrose out section updated!

Archived