Jonny Court
Kevin McHattie
Andreus Thorson
Yaw Osei
John Herron
Aaron Lennox
Graeme Smith
Willis Furtado.

Some good players I'd happily see at the Rock there.

8 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

How very dare you!!

It's not even GTF day yet, and I've already angered Montrose.

The season is not starting well :(

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Baring in mind, you took quite a few of our relegated players last summer and got relegated yourself, so taking players that weren’t good enough to win this league from us would be beneficial to us as well so help yourself emoji23.png

:lol: I'd be more than happy with a wee playoff push this season to be honest. Plus none of the released guys are Chris Johnston, so that's got to be good.

:lol: I'd be more than happy with a wee playoff push this season to be honest. Plus none of the released guys are Chris Johnston, so that's got to be good.

Bobby Barr’s close to Chris Johnston’s level.

Brutal football player, with a terrible attitude as well.

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Bobby Barr’s close to Chris Johnston’s level.

Brutal football player, with a terrible attitude as well.

I always thought he could be quite handy when he fancied it. Certainly not a guy I'd be disappointed to see at the Rock.

If we're planning on going defensive next season again though then there'd be no point.

Barr needs to screw the nut...something he's had issues with for a while now. If he did sign for someone in this league I'd be confident we'd manage to wind him up to the point of being sent off in the first 5 minutes of a game. Is there any truth in him signing for East Kilbride or was that a wind up?

14 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I always thought he could be quite handy when he fancied it. Certainly not a guy I'd be disappointed to see at the Rock.

If we're planning on going defensive next season again though then there'd be no point.

This is the most common post when Barr signs for a club. Everyone seems to remember him playing an utter blinder against him. But for 90% of his contract, he flattered to deceive. It's been noted he only really took it up a gear after he'd offered a square go to out fans, and had a few weeks left on his contract.

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

This is the most common post when Barr signs for a club. Everyone seems to remember him playing an utter blinder against him. But for 90% of his contract, he flattered to deceive. It's been noted he only really took it up a gear after he'd offered a square go to our fans, and had a few weeks left on his contract.

SIGN. HIM.

Rovers have finally announced their release list:

Bobby Barr
Greig Spence
Jonny Court
Kevin McHattie
Andreus Thorson
Yaw Osei
John Herron
Aaron Lennox
Graeme Smith
Willis Furtado.

How did Furtado get on? Can't say I've seen much of the guy but in my mind he always seemed like the type of guy who was looking to move up the leagues. Maybe I've judged that wrong.

Seen a few reports of him being a fat b*****d but other than that was he any good?

He was decent but believe a development fee is due to his team in France. We signed him as an amateur, as did Stenny and Airdrie.

Most of the players on that list would do a good job for any other team in this league to be honest, and I say that as someone not really disappointed to see any of them go.

I suspect we’d have kept Lennox, McHattie and Herron if they didn’t have injury problems, and quite possibly Spence if Buchanan wasn’t sadly under contract.

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

How did Furtado get on? Can't say I've seen much of the guy but in my mind he always seemed like the type of guy who was looking to move up the leagues. Maybe I've judged that wrong.

Seen a few reports of him being a fat b*****d but other than that was he any good?

Scored a screamer against QP and got a few goals, but he's let down by his fitness and, from what I know, off the park. He's still only 20 or 21, but his fitness tailed off ridiculously towards the end of the season. I'd raise questions over his attitude.

Archived