• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Ross Forbes

Confirmed Transfers - Summer '18

Rovers have finally announced their release list:

Bobby Barr
Greig Spence
Jonny Court
Kevin McHattie
Andreus Thorson
Yaw Osei
John Herron
Aaron Lennox
Graeme Smith
Willis Furtado.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Cheers mate, forgot about Templeman!

How very dare you!!

18 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Bobby Barr
Greig Spence
Jonny Court
Kevin McHattie
Andreus Thorson
Yaw Osei
John Herron
Aaron Lennox
Graeme Smith
Willis Furtado.

In yiz come boys.

19 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Bobby Barr
Greig Spence
Jonny Court
Kevin McHattie
Andreus Thorson
Yaw Osei
John Herron
Aaron Lennox
Graeme Smith
Willis Furtado.

Some good players I'd happily see at the Rock there.

8 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

How very dare you!!

It's not even GTF day yet, and I've already angered Montrose.

The season is not starting well :(

Baring in mind, you took quite a few of our relegated players last summer and got relegated yourself, so taking players that weren’t good enough to win this league from us would be beneficial to us as well so help yourself

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Baring in mind, you took quite a few of our relegated players last summer and got relegated yourself, so taking players that weren’t good enough to win this league from us would be beneficial to us as well so help yourself emoji23.png

:lol: I'd be more than happy with a wee playoff push this season to be honest. Plus none of the released guys are Chris Johnston, so that's got to be good.

:lol: I'd be more than happy with a wee playoff push this season to be honest. Plus none of the released guys are Chris Johnston, so that's got to be good.

Bobby Barr’s close to Chris Johnston’s level.

Brutal football player, with a terrible attitude as well.

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Bobby Barr’s close to Chris Johnston’s level.

Brutal football player, with a terrible attitude as well.

I always thought he could be quite handy when he fancied it. Certainly not a guy I'd be disappointed to see at the Rock.

If we're planning on going defensive next season again though then there'd be no point.

Barr needs to screw the nut...something he's had issues with for a while now. If he did sign for someone in this league I'd be confident we'd manage to wind him up to the point of being sent off in the first 5 minutes of a game. Is there any truth in him signing for East Kilbride or was that a wind up?

Also I'd be very surprised if any of our released players get another full time club and as such fully expect to see them playing against us next season.

14 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I always thought he could be quite handy when he fancied it. Certainly not a guy I'd be disappointed to see at the Rock.

If we're planning on going defensive next season again though then there'd be no point.

This is the most common post when Barr signs for a club. Everyone seems to remember him playing an utter blinder against him. But for 90% of his contract, he flattered to deceive. It's been noted he only really took it up a gear after he'd offered a square go to out fans, and had a few weeks left on his contract.

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

This is the most common post when Barr signs for a club. Everyone seems to remember him playing an utter blinder against him. But for 90% of his contract, he flattered to deceive. It's been noted he only really took it up a gear after he'd offered a square go to our fans, and had a few weeks left on his contract.

SIGN. HIM.

Bobby Barr
Greig Spence
Jonny Court
Kevin McHattie
Andreus Thorson
Yaw Osei
John Herron
Aaron Lennox
Graeme Smith
Willis Furtado.

How did Furtado get on? Can't say I've seen much of the guy but in my mind he always seemed like the type of guy who was looking to move up the leagues. Maybe I've judged that wrong.

Seen a few reports of him being a fat b*****d but other than that was he any good?

He was decent but believe a development fee is due to his team in France. We signed him as an amateur, as did Stenny and Airdrie.

Most of the players on that list would do a good job for any other team in this league to be honest, and I say that as someone not really disappointed to see any of them go.

I suspect we’d have kept Lennox, McHattie and Herron if they didn’t have injury problems, and quite possibly Spence if Buchanan wasn’t sadly under contract.

It's not even GTF day yet, and I've already angered Montrose.
The season is not starting well 
I'm a Loon.

1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:

I'm a Loon.

That'll teach me not to read usernames.

I guess I've angered a bug chunk of Angus here then :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

How did Furtado get on? Can't say I've seen much of the guy but in my mind he always seemed like the type of guy who was looking to move up the leagues. Maybe I've judged that wrong.

Seen a few reports of him being a fat b*****d but other than that was he any good?

Scored a screamer against QP and got a few goals, but he's let down by his fitness and, from what I know, off the park. He's still only 20 or 21, but his fitness tailed off ridiculously towards the end of the season. I'd raise questions over his attitude.