Confirmed Transfers - Winter '19

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's our released list out. We've punted: David Smith, Kyle Prior, David Wilson, Grant Gallagher, Dougie Hill, Chris Johnston and Dimitris Froxylias, whilst Jamie Ewings has retired but will be sticking around as a coach.

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That's our released list out. We've punted: David Smith, Kyle Prior, David Wilson, Grant Gallagher, Dougie Hill, Chris Johnston and Dimitris Froxylias, whilst Jamie Ewings has retired but will be sticking around as a coach.

Speedboat Stewart still contracted is he? Same with Craig Barr? He wasn’t made of girders when he was with us, but would you believe it played a lot for the Sons?  Handling signed on also? He looked decent at the Rovers.

Froxylias do a job at this level you think? Saw his goal in the challenge cup. Looked decent. 

2 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Speedboat Stewart still contracted is he? Same with Craig Barr? He wasn’t made of girders when he was with us, but would you believe it played a lot for the Sons?  Handling signed on also? He looked decent at the Rovers.

Froxylias do a job at this level you think? Saw his goal in the challenge cup. Looked decent. 

Stewart and Mango are under contract, but they have relegation clauses I think. Handling's been garbage for us, lord only knows why we're trying to keep him.

Froxy would stroll this level, just as he strolled the Championship when he was played in his natural position. I'd imagine he'll be off to a bigger club who might actually play him as a #10.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Stewart and Mango are under contract, but they have relegation clauses I think. Handling's been garbage for us, lord only knows why we're trying to keep him.

Froxy would stroll this level, just as he strolled the Championship when he was played in his natural position. I'd imagine he'll be off to a bigger club who might actually play him as a #10.

A bigger club like us you mean? 

Ahem.. :lol: 

Surprised at Smith being released. He's a full back these days isn't he? Did he have a poor season?

3 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Furtado lives in Alloa I think, or certainly did recently. Always thought he looked decent for Rovers, but if we as expected retain Cawley and Flannigan- and with Trouten to come in- probably dont need a similar type of player in terms of position.

Alloa have previous of signing players as amateur and paying them heavy expenses :rolleyes:

Surprised at Smith being released. He's a full back these days isn't he? Did he have a poor season?

He is aye. He started the league season as second choice to the outstanding Sam Wardrop, and we tried (and failed) to convert him into a winger again.

Wardrop got a nasty injury at the turn of the year, and only made a handful more appearances, so he got plenty of game time and was ok. Not great, but far from the worst.

I’d imagine he’d do a good job for a League One club. I wouldn’t have been averse to keeping him, but with the budget being cut I’d like to think that we could find someone equally as competent on lower wages.

18 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I imagine Hill will still be decent at league 1 level. Back to Brechin maybe? 

I saw Craig Barr at the gym the other day. Handsome as ever.

1 hour ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Please be true,he was a stand out in our promotion season and was solid for dumbarton against us , make it happen 

Aye he was solid for us, not in the same category as Mango and Dowie, but the sort of guy you can rely on to put his body on the line for the team. Truth be told I'm quite sad to see him go.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I saw Craig Barr at the gym the other day. Handsome as ever.

:wub: Quite jealous.

30 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Thomas Reilly & Darren Whyte sign for Forfar.

Cheers. Will get the OP updated.

Archived