End of season pitches

42 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

After awful winter our park up brig o lea was lookin superb  not one baldy goal mouth one of better “lower league pitches” and prob better than most in higher leagues .... any other pictures of clubs parks recently 

C5A7976D-5754-4661-A2B1-B1ADEE32B01D.jpeg

Allways thought Neilston park was a great surface

Never took a picture, but Shotts was immaculate yesterday. It never falls much below that.

Great surface, great weather and brilliant wee bar up the stairs and even better sausage rolls. Terrible performance and result for Whitletts though

15 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Great surface, great weather and brilliant wee bar up the stairs and even better sausage rolls. Terrible performance and result for Whitletts though

The first goal was against the run of play, but Whittlets caved in after that.

The first goal was against the run of play, but Whittlets caved in after that.

Aye we caved in big time. If i knew the team we were putting out, id have lumped on Shotts at 3/1. Rested a few for Monday and Wednesday this week

16 hours ago, Falside Jag said:

FB_IMG_1526237369616.jpg Taken from Bathgate Thistles facebook yesterday prior to the match against Fauldhouse United. Immaculate.

Now I see why the Premier East of Scotland trophy is played here each year......and I know about the Sponsors preference before I am corrected....but the park is always immaculate for that final.

FB_IMG_1526237369616.thumb.jpg.f94af888081494438c3de8bf59c6fc38.jpg Taken from Bathgate Thistles facebook yesterday prior to the match against Fauldhouse United. Immaculate.

Always thought Bathgate had one of the best surfaces in the east. Looking great

Amazing how quickly pitches can recover after a spell of decent weather. Grass is an extremely resiliant plant. As long as the root is in the ground it will push up fresh blades in a matter of days. I would like to see how the Kello pitch looks now; after our game down there a few months ago I have never seen one in worse condition. Yet they did get games played subsequently and I hope it is now recovering well. Heartbreaking for their officials to see a pitch destroyed but they can, and do recover come the better weather. They would never get into such poor condition even if played on twice a week during the summer months, the case for summer football is getting stronger every year and it will inevitably come, same as the pyramid.

3 minutes ago, the rambler said:

Summer football will bankrupt the Junior game. Ask any Treasurer of a Junior Club. Gate receipts, Catering, Bar Sales especially, are much lower for midweek fixtures.

Maybe so, but what about all the Saturday games which WILL get played in the better weather instead of continual postponements which then get played in midweek in April and May. Overall I believe most clubs would benefit, better weather does bring out more fans in my experience depite other attractions in summer months.

6 hours ago, the rambler said:

Summer football will bankrupt the Junior game. Ask any Treasurer of a Junior Club. Gate receipts, Catering, Bar Sales especially, are much lower for midweek fixtures

Ask Talbot Treasurer after last nights game against Glenafton good night weather wise and a terrific crowd summer football is the way forward.

On 5/14/2018 at 12:17, BENJI BOY said:

Now I see why the Premier East of Scotland trophy is played here each year......and I know about the Sponsors preference before I am corrected....but the park is always immaculate for that final.

The EOS Final could be at Linlithgow this season, thats what i am hearing.

Archived