-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

Donati involved in some capacity. Huge gamble but I've got a good feeling about his coaching ability... purely based on stereotypes.

We'll probably bring in two or three tomorrow (two's more likely).

I'm not confident, but I am intrigued. Let's see what happens.

As we have no money as usual, cant see us going for Jim Goodwin as that would mean a compo deal for Alloa

Think we are going to get someone who is currently out of work

If Mourinho is such a good coach let him come and prove it. He does not need the money

I'm delighted with that considering Jim Goodwin is kicking about in part time work and would have been an absolutely wonderful choice. 

We also presumably get compo for a guy who was more or less assumed to have been paid off along with Stubbs, actually survived the cull and is assistant in title only...most of us don't really know what he's doing at the club still now that Jimmy Nicholl and Gus are there so it's a wee bonus ball for us. 

If the rumours are true, he's certainly not my first choice. From the wording I've seen, we need a head coac and some coaches, appointing a Director of Football and Maitland appearing so hands on is certainly gonna mean any new head coach/manager is gonna be well supported. From what I've read up on Rice, 18+ years of coaching/assistant manager experience is certainly A LOT BETTER than what Canning brought to the table. 

Donati had a great reputation for his coaching ability from what I've been told from the youth coaching he took part in. He would make sense as part of the team, Donati has played at some of the biggest clubs in the world and beside some world class players. Whilst his legs may have left him by the time he arrived at Hamilton, you could see he was always trying to pick up the ball from the back and move it forward with some style. He stepped aside from his long contract when we had our finances 'blunder', something which certainly endeared him to me. 

Maitland has made radical changes, something we all protested for and I'm hoping this is gonna mean a big change on the park and in the stadium. I'm hoping people come out in droves for Saturday. 

Accies 10 - Dundee 2 

I know nothing about Rice. Can anyone who thinks this is a bad hire explain why?

I wasn’t looking for a big name and I’m not stupid enough to want someone like Hartley or Duffy in charge. I think Rice is a bad appointment IMO due to his part in the complete abject failure of St Mirren’s management team at the start of this season and the fact he has no management or “head coach” experience.

I knew the toys would be out of the pram if we didn't hire a 'name'.  Some of the Tweets I've seen about this...Ooft.
People have seriously been suggesting the likes of Jim Duffy, Alex Rae, John Hughes, Paul Hartley and Alan Archibald. Why? Must be that they are well known, as it's certainly not for their managerial ability.
It's very similar to when we don't sign players that fans have heard of. Folk were having meltdowns when we didn't sign Paul Paton FFS. Have a look what the Falkirk fans (with a team at the bottom of the Championship) have to say about him.
I know nothing about Rice. Can anyone who thinks this is a bad hire explain why?
Also worth noting that we'll have a DOF which a lot of managers will be reluctant to work under.

Its the DoF that worries me. Going from Bo'ness Utd to being in charge of our "football dept" is a huge jump.

I watch a bit of junior football and never been overly impressed. He signed a few decent players but bankrolled them with his own cash. Not sure how he will cope without that luxury.