-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Using a Daily Record article based on guesswork, and a transfermarkt valuation, as "proof", is horrendously poor.

You're right mate, I should have used the guesswork of a celtic fan on P&B who did zero research or showed any awareness of squad sizes. 

Also, Transfermarkt was for squad size purposes.

33 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

The job has a mission impossible feel to it.  Alex Neil only got up via a penalty shootout after finishing second to Dundee and quickly made good his escape to England.  I liked Canning (for the same reason I like Hamilton) but I can't help feeling you'd have to be desperate to see this job as a good career move.

I hope you don't go down BUT the fans that regularly go to watch their teams would probably rather be competitive in whichever league they play in rather than just embarking on a survival mission every season.

50 applicants this morning would suggest otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Could be from 50 desperate out of work managers. 

True but I reckon its a no brainer. If you turn it round you are a genius. If you can't you just say it was a basket case and the squad was nowhere near good enough.

Just now, Crawford said:

Hartley I reckon for the job in all seriousness. Is he not from Hamilton?

I think he will be good for Hamilton. He's great until he gets to sign players which I don't think is an issue at Hamilton.

Canning signed nearly 30 players in 2 years. 

Out of left-field a bit - what about Garry Parker?

He's unemployed right now, he might want to work somewhere where his career is at the mercy of his own decisions, and not whatever scraps his last boss got into, he's got form for managing and even winning games at this level (i.e. whenever Lenny's been on holiday, or sidelined for abusing referees or playing at being an airplane, he's the guy that handled the dugout). I've heard he's a dab hand with set piece ideas too.

On the debit side, he does look like he's the result of a tramp being dragged backwards through a threshing machine, which might alienate some of the Conservative Party members in your support, but it'd be his first job, so he'd likely be cheap, and for a team like Accies - who have a resting Nigerian prince to support, and only 200 fans to support him with , that's probably the main thing.

9 minutes ago, JudgeFlash said:

Sadly not, we are experts in recruiting random obscure european players and young english players with little game time. 

We'll then maybe Hartley is perfect if that's the status quo in place already.

He loves obscure, young European men.......