-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

Jim Goodwin has said a number of times that he is in no rush to go full-time and that it would need to be the right job and the right time. Could be wrong, but seriously doubt Accies is what he is after. 

Ex player, established premier league club, loyal/loving fan base, full time. What more could he want.

Jim Goodwin has said a number of times that he is in no rush to go full-time and that it would need to be the right job and the right time. Could be wrong, but seriously doubt Accies is what he is after. 
We won't get Goodwin.

39 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Alan Stubbs is your man. :lol:

Naw, he needs a transfer window for maximum impact.

Edit: I hope you don't get Goodwin, tbh. 1) because I think he'd do  good job and 2) because if he does a good job and keeps you up/progresses you, his career trajectory might bypass us altogether.

Edited by Coventry Saint

Canning seemed like a decent guy.

Serious question (really) Where do the Accies fans think they should be in the league?

It's not wholly about league positions; the football is horrendous. I think that's driven away fans more than results. Plus, a decent manager should've had any team clear of the two shambolic teams at the bottom - that goes for Dundee and St Mirren too.

Fair fucks to Canning, I don’t think the job he has done should be underestimated when all the ‘experts’ predict the Accies to go down every season. Can see Sir Paul Hartley coming in. Hopefully it’s St.Scum and Dundee filling 12th and 11th places at the end of the season.

Just now, accies1874 said:

It's not wholly about league positions; the football is horrendous. I think that's driven away fans more than results. Plus, a decent manager should've had any team clear of the two shambolic teams at the bottom - that goes for Dundee and St Mirren too.

Fair enough.

Fair fucks to Canning, I don’t think the job he has done should be underestimated when all the ‘experts’ predict the Accies to go down every season. Can see Sir Paul Hartley coming in. Hopefully it’s St.Scum and Dundee filling 12th and 11th places at the end of the season.
I've said elsewhere that his work in 15/16 and salvaging 16/17 was admirable. 14/15 ended up a disaster but it was somewhat understandable, and 17/18 also ended up a disaster.

Just now, Muzza81 said:

A few Celtic fans, who of course will be able to directly relate to Hamilton fans, are commenting on this. Good to get an objective view. 

Who do you think is allowed to comment them?

Can we have a list?

22 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

A few Celtic fans, who of course will be able to directly relate to Hamilton fans, are commenting on this. Good to get an objective view. 

I think most on the outside looking in will think Canning has done a very decent job. Up untill this season Hamilton have been heavy favourites to automatically go down. I do sympathise that watching shite football week in week out can be soul destroying but with the type of league we have and the wages Hamilton pay it will mainly be hoofballers Hamilton can afford. Trying to sign technically betters and playing more aesthetically pleasing football would more than likely not work at all.  As great as beating the odds to stay up can be dropping down to a league where budgets are more on a par could possibly be better for the fans and the football style could be a bit more adventurous. 

Before you think I am being a patronising c**t we tried to play decent football in the champions league and got roundly humped more often than not as they were always going be technically better than us. Dropping down to Europa is more our level and I possibly prefer it.

5 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

We’ve been watching Results/performances/selections/tactics like that for over 4 years but we are the bad guys for wanting rid.

Listening to hamilton fans on here it looked like a change was needed but I just think the timing was off maybe get rid before the winter break with a fresh start to the year not at the end of a transfer window.