-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

Would not see that being a popular appointment. Hopefully Allan Maitland has a strong set of key requirements and we get a solid replacement in to take us back to where Alex Neil left off. 
i sincerely hope you dont get that appointment!

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

This'll sound like backtracking, but a shite appointment/relegation doesn't change the fact that Canning had to go - much like Strachan with Scotland. I just thought I'd say that before the pundits come out with "ah told ye so" somewhere down the line.

And Miller at Livi right after appointing him manager. They were all saying it was ridiculous for us to punt him after one league defeat against Celtic and a cup defeat to Motherwell but anyone with half a brain could see it just wan't right, he'd changed our shape and style of play, particularly in leaving out Lithgow in the back 3. Pundits were still bumping their gums till Holt beat Sevco and Hibs and hadn't lost a game in 7 then they had to shut their pusses.

Fans can see if it is not working at their team better than the media and pundits, there's more to it than just stats about you staying up. Whether the new manager works out or not you know it was the right thing and had to happen.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

And Miller at Livi right after appointing him manager. They were all saying it was ridiculous for us to punt him after one league defeat against Celtic and a cup defeat to Motherwell but anyone with half a brain could see it just wan't right, he'd changed our shape and style of play, particularly in leaving out Lithgow in the back 3. Pundits were still bumping their gums till Holt beat Sevco and Hibs and hadn't lost a game in 7 then they had to shut their pusses.

Fans can see if it is not working at their team better than the media and pundits, there's more to it than just stats about you staying up. Whether the new manager works out or not you know it was the right thing and had to happen.

Does seem to have taken Hamilton a tiny bit longer to react than Livingston did.

Hartley is a shit manager but not a shite coach. would probably work with a DOF if hamilton could go down that route
Oh yes he is (shite coach) , ask any player who he fell out with during his spell with us, or any player he brought in for that matter, I implore your board to do due diligence on this imposter before he ruins yet another club. He should never get a gig in paid for football again.

56 minutes ago, monthebairns said:
15 hours ago, ah-dee said:
Hartley is a shit manager but not a shite coach. would probably work with a DOF if hamilton could go down that route

Oh yes he is (shite coach) , ask any player who he fell out with during his spell with us, or any player he brought in for that matter, I implore your board to do due diligence on this imposter before he ruins yet another club. He should never get a gig in paid for football again.

Wasn't Gordon Young the coach at the time? 

32 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Bingham and Kelly have left the club.

To the latter: we barely knew you (thank f**k).

To the former: we knew you too well (sadly).

ETA: Monlouis and Garcia are away too.

While Kelly and Bingham will not be a loss I reckon that is nearly 30 players who have left the club in the last year or so - that is crazy.

Jamieson, Skondras, Sarris, Tomas, Devlin, Docherty, Crawford, Donati, Ferguson, Templeton, Redmond, Kozoronis, Longridge, Gillespie, Rojano, Jenkins, Lyon, Van der Weg, Phillips, Aaron Smith , Tierney, Bloomfield, Brustad, Mucha , Kelly, Bingham, Monlouis, Garcia and Douglas. 

Could Bingham do a job in the championship lads? Asking for a friend*

*Stephen Crawford

I reckon under the right coaching he could be a decent striker for the premiership. He was our scapegoat and we didn’t play to his advantages. He is fast and is capable of scoring goals. We tried to use him as a target man and that’s why he looked poor more often than not.

1 hour ago, jackbell2002 said:

I reckon under the right coaching he could be a decent striker for the premiership. He was our scapegoat and we didn’t play to his advantages. He is fast and is capable of scoring goals. We tried to use him as a target man and that’s why he looked poor more often than not.

I wouldn't mind seeing us giving Bingham a chance to be honest.

Sam Kelly was a signing we all knew was going to be terrible and ended up being terrible who’d have thunk it.

Bingham had flashes of brilliance but never showed it consistently enough. As others have said pace to burn. I think he’d actually do well in a team that didn’t lump high balls up to him for 90 mins.