-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

36 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I don't think even the most vocal of Canning's critics will do anything other than wish him all the best. A good player for us and a decent guy. The relationship soured pretty badly at the end but I personally hope he gets himself sorted with something sooner rather than later.

It's easy to take the mick but he operated on a shoe string budget and kept Hamilton in the top flight.

Would like to see him in a new job sooner than later.

He was the wrong man for the job, simply. He was given the very rare *and possibly insane* chance to be the manager of a premiership football side with zero managerial experience. 

The utter nonsense being posted primarily by OF fans is quite amusing also. We might have a small club asset wise, we might have a tiny fan base, MC was however operating with a higher wage budget than MOTHERWELL-LIVINGSTON AND ST MIRREN. Let that sink in, then come back and tell us about ''punching above our weight''.

Alex Neil's tenure saw average players playing well above what we thought capable, they were physical but very structured, most importantly they were hard to beat. Fast forward 3 years and we can't beat a glorified Motherwell reserves side at home.  

I'm really appreciative of Alan Maitland, he recognised we had issues on the park and now has seemingly taken a more hands on approach and noticed the problem lay deeper than the players. 

I'd like to remember Canzo for all the aerial challenges won and brave tackles he performed during his playing career with us, it's a real shame how it turned out in the end for him.

I'll be returning to NDP this weekend, after declaring after the Aberdeen game I won't be back till he's gone, my wish has been granted. 

P.S
If according to MSM And a lot of other football fans *Except Hamilton fans who have to watch his football weekly* if he was performing such miracles, why has no club shown an interest ?

4 minutes ago, Crawford said:

It's easy to take the mick but he operated on a shoe string budget and kept Hamilton in the top flight.

Would like to see him in a new job sooner than later.

Naw he didn't, fake news. higher budget than Well, Livi and St Mirren. 

2 minutes ago, JudgeFlash said:

He was the wrong man for the job, simply. He was given the very rare *and possibly insane* chance to be the manager of a premiership football side with zero managerial experience. 

The utter nonsense being posted primarily by OF fans is quite amusing also. We might have a small club asset wise, we might have a tiny fan base, MC was however operating with a higher wage budget than MOTHERWELL-LIVINGSTON AND ST MIRREN. Let that sink in, then come back and tell us about ''punching above our weight''.

Calling absolute bullshit on this and probably St Mirren too.

Its a risk appointing a guy with no managerial experience but not ‘possibly insane’ . We did it with Lennon and got to the latter stages of the champions league. Hibs did with Stubbs and won the Scottish cup.

To summarise, you are full of shit.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Its a risk appointing a guy with no managerial experience but not ‘possibly insane’ . We did it with Lennon and got to the latter stages of the champions league. Hibs did with Stubbs and won the Scottish cup.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3543772/celtic-double-wages-rangers-salaries-survey/

One of many articles relating to player wages,  to summarise, a wee google search could have stopped you being revealed as a wee pellet. 

Hibs had just been relegated to the championship when Stubbs came in. They were only going to do well and still couldn’t make it out that league with him.

2 minutes ago, JudgeFlash said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3543772/celtic-double-wages-rangers-salaries-survey/

One of many articles relating to player wages,  to summarise, a wee google search could have stopped you being revealed as a wee pellet. 

You do realise thats an average wage and not including the size of actual squad? And that St Mirrens calculation is based on them being in the championship last year?

6 minutes ago, JudgeFlash said:

On average £11 per week more per player than Motherwell

FFS.....

Edited by Romeo

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Hibs had just been relegated to the championship when Stubbs came in. They were only going to do well and still couldn’t make it out that league with him.

Aye they win the Scottish cup all the time Hibs to be fair. They were ahead of Rangers in the league the year before too. You can’t say Stubbs wasnt a success at Hibs

1 minute ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Don't let the facts get in the way of his shit post mate :D  

or the fact that Lennon was also a coach for 2 years before taking the celtic first team job, managing the reserve team in the process too. 

Just now, JudgeFlash said:

Don't let the facts get in the way of his shit post mate :D  

or the fact that Lennon was also a coach for 2 years before taking the celtic first team job, managing the reserve team in the process too. 

I have already poked massive holes in your ‘facts’. You also said management experience not coaching before changing your tune. Lennon was demoted to the reserves when Mowbray briefly took over. Canning was also already doing coaching at Hamilton as well before he took over.

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I have already poked massive holes in your ‘facts’. You also said management experience not coaching before changing your tune. Lennon was demoted to the reserves when Mowbray briefly took over. Canning was also already doing coaching at Hamilton as well before he took over.

Oh, what team at Hamilton did Canning coach? 
Just like in real life, you are shite at poking holes. 

Our first team squad isn't exactly tiny, im sure you have already researched the average registered players per team though... 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/startseite/wettbewerb/SC1

here you go, babe.  more players than St Mirren, Motherwell and Livi.  Cheers for helping validate my point even more by bringing up squad size. 

I eagerly await you coming up with some nonsense now to try and claw back your embarrassment. I realise I am dealing with someone who deals in opinions, not facts. 

Edited by JudgeFlash
a

The job has a mission impossible feel to it.  Alex Neil only got up via a penalty shootout after finishing second to Dundee and quickly made good his escape to England.  I liked Canning (for the same reason I like Hamilton) but I can't help feeling you'd have to be desperate to see this job as a good career move.

I hope you don't go down BUT the fans that regularly go to watch their teams would probably rather be competitive in whichever league they play in rather than just embarking on a survival mission every season.

3 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Fair fucks to Canning, I don’t think the job he has done should be underestimated when all the ‘experts’ predict the Accies to go down every season. Can see Sir Paul Hartley coming in. Hopefully it’s St.Scum and Dundee filling 12th and 11th places at the end of the season.

images (2).jpeg