-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

I don't think he should be going to Accies games if he can't handle his son getting pelters.

Take it you never noticed Ali Crawford’s maw screeching at fans the multiple times she was nearly in tears about someone abusing him, but yet she came back every week unfortunately.

Take it you never noticed with Ali Crawford’s maw screeching at fans the multiple times she was nearly in tears about someone abusing him, but yet she came back every week unfortunately.
Na, never experienced the Mrs Crawford hairdryer treatment when she was going to games unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Jon Routledge’s Dad also offered a vaults bus regular a square go at Maryhill once and there was no where near this much drama. Scouse c**t.

I remember that well, i was sitting right in the thick of it :lol:

Would one of the several eloquent Accies fans post a detailed response as to why Canning is wrong to say he's been a success or why the club should be doing better? I genuinely have no idea about how Hamilton are doing other than the fans seem to have wanted him punted for a long time.
He has been a success due to keeping us up.
HOWEVER
The football we've had to endure for the past four years has been, on the whole, fucking torture, and we've plodded along checking the scores of other teams before our own for the last four seasons.
We've gone out to lower league opposition three times since 15/16 as well as exiting the Betfred Cup this season from a pretty easy group.
We've seen many talents forced to play aggressive hoofball, and he can't set a team up to play from the back; there doesn't seem to be any clever patterns in midfield or such.
I've said it before, but the only good thing about being in the top flight (as a fan) is saying you're in the top flight: most every game is a pumping, or you don't get to see decent opposition due to us trying (and failing) to stifle them.
Things need freshening up as the fans can't handle it anymore.
There's also the fact that we're told by the media, other fans, other managers and our own fucking club to simply shut up and accept what we're given.

Another thing:
A common theme of our match threads is opposition fans slagging how we play, be that dreadfully or eye-bleedingly. Another is opposition fans having a pop at our crowds.
Then you'll have opposition fans telling us to be content with what we're seeing despite them having a go at what we have to witness every week.

Can anyone honestly see a way in which the relationship between manager, fans and indeed the club can be salvaged? It's gone way past saving now IMO, no matter what may happen on the park between now and the end of the season.

Shambles.
Definitely the worst it's been since the Watson era.

The media and opposition managers are rallying behind Canning and telling us we should be grateful for what we've got. They are also peddling the line that it is a tiny minority that are anti Canning. I don't know anyone who thinks he should remain as manager. Time for a, get up and leave during a home game protest. The 18th minute would be appropriate given that's his win ratio!

16 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

The media and opposition managers are rallying behind Canning and telling us we should be grateful for what we've got. They are also peddling the line that it is a tiny minority that are anti Canning. I don't know anyone who thinks he should remain as manager. Time for a, get up and leave during a home game protest. The 18th minute would be appropriate given that's his win ratio!

All online polls show around 95% wanting rid of the manager. I know a lot of fans dont use social media but it is still a massive majority that want shot of him.

If he went before the Dundee game I can see the home support more than doubling  - still not great I know .

The media seem to not do a lot of digging when it comes to their 'fact checking' 

One look at a live crowd at home and you can see HUNDREDS of empty seats. The once teeming with youth A section for example, is like a post apocalyptic wasteland with very few remaining.  Remember we used to have a wee drummer boy and some chants? Now it has the joy of a graveyard. 

I didn't think Canning was the man for the job when he started, I still don't believe he is. In fact, the first half season he took over, if it wasn't for the points accumulated from Neil, we would've been in the relegation battle.  Modern management of a football squad comes down to man management, tactical awareness and ability to influence, he lacks in all 3 departments judging by the tactically inept decisions made when losing games, promising looking players declining in performances OR choosing to go back home to Greece instead of play for us. 

He cannot take credit for the likes of Ferguson/Devlin, they were NOT nurtured by him.  Ferguson was an academy product that was already on his way out by the time he was brought into the first team. Devlin was playing full seasons before Cannings reign of terror. 

According to online sources, 9th highest budget for a manager within the scottish premiership, can anyone honestly say that languishing in 10th or 11th every season and SCRAPING by is progressing a football team? The resources are there when it comes to youth setup, we are second to none, the FINANCES are apparently there, according to the wage bill. So what EXACTLY is stopping players fulfilling their potential OR wanting to come to Accies?  The fans aren't, it's the management, top to bottom. 

Martin could be the nicest man in the world, I however don't enjoy HIS style of football or HIS progressing of my team given his current resources. The young fans are the future of Hamilton, they are NOT attracted to a team with zero fight and zero tactical setup allowing them to win games. Just like they did with BR, it's time to pull the trigger and realise that the experiment didn't work second time round, we need someone with managerial depth, ASAP.