-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

Finally got to my first match of the season and yikes, what an incredibly lacklustre performance, I know it was effectively a nothing game, but the momentum would have been nice to take into next week.

A couple of players there i feel won't be starting in the prem. Boyd got bullied the whole match and was passing the ball to no one at points, Imrie looked tired and done after 20 minutes. Bingham had some good points but also bad points that would waste good attacking opportunities, wasn't impressed by Phillips, missing most of the time, though did think his set pieces were ok (miles ahead of Imries).

Was actually quite impressed by Mcmann and thought he was the best player on the park, looks much more at home at wing back rather than part of the back 3. Miller moved about a lot and looks like he could be a handful, was expecting a bit more of a goal threat after seeing he scored a hat trick on Tuesday. 

Overall i'm quite nervous about the season, we really don't look ready and don't seem to have a solid plan. Canning can talk about patience for the players to bed in, when you're a team like us you can'take afford for that period to be to long.

Edited by Laid-back Accie

If you were worried that the summer signings would rid the club of defensive incompetency, don't fret; it's here to stay. 

Couple that with McMann and Miller being the only ones providing (limited) creativity and you've got a poor side. 

Phillips thinks he's miles better than he actually is, Boyd ruined numerous attacks, and MacKinnon was decent at driving forward but a combination of limited forward numbers and limited ability constantly forced him to cut back. 

Oh yeah, every single one of Imrie's corners went into the 'keepers hands. 

McMann's looked good the last couple of games, but the opposition obviously isn't the same as what he'll be facing this season.

We can only hope that Canning's learned a lot from these four games. 

Can't really argue with that. I'm not convinced by Phillips though. 

On Smith, I saw him for a half-and-a-bit against Clyde. He had occasional moments of clever play and he's fairly big, but it was too early to make any judgements. However, he did miss a couple of great chances. 

He also came on against Annan and misplaced every one of his attempted passes. 

13 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Lol wut

IMG_1685.jpg

9 hours ago, Handsome John said:

C’mon now, you cut that on purpose to choose not to show that the “couple” we from South Lanarkshire towns...

Lanarkshire derby; captured beautifully right there. "Naw, yer mare inbred"

Edited by HaikuHibee

McMann was great the first few games of last season as well when we were playing a back 4 with him at left back.

The switch to the back 5/3 killed him he isn’t a centre half and his confidence was destroyed by Imrie. Hopefully he can keep it going this season.

On 29/07/2018 at 21:07, FuzzyBear said:

McMann and Imrie are both awful and their selection will guarantee we will go down.

You could make the argument that we stayed up last season and the season before with their selection.

Not saying I'm positive about what's to come, as it looks like we don't really have a solid plan, it's more like let's do this and pray.

Also the fact there's not a single player that you'd see his name on the starting team sheet and think, we can rely him to play well.

Really I'm fearing the worst, Hopefully the first few games will change my views.