• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Im_Rodger

-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

Thats me been at 7 away games this season - 7 losses.
0 goals scored and 19 against !!
I've at least seen us win away this season - just the once mind, St Mirren.

We're due to go to St Mirren & Dundee after the split - may be best if you don't bother going?

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Thats me been at 7 away games this season - 7 losses.

0 goals scored and 19 against !!

So it's your fault then.

Post-split fixtures:

Motherwell (H)
Livingston (H)
Dundee (A)
St Mirren (A) - Monday night
St Johnstone (H)

Ideally, it's all wrapped up before the Dundee/St Mirren double header, although we all know that won't happen.

Some thoughts heading into the split.

As I said on yesterday's match thread, I'd be starting Andreu in every game from now on. Yes, he's been somewhat disappointing since his return but he's still got the ability to turn a game with his quality.

Miller would be an impact sub at best for me at the moment. Been way off the boil and, despite his great run at the start of the second half yesterday, has looked like a liability recently both in terms of overall play and his football IQ. Could have been sent off yesterday for a stupid tackle whilst already on a yellow. Not what we need on the run in and it certainly looks like his mind is elsewhere.

I never thought I'd type this sentence, but Sowah should be starting. If the alternative is McMann, then it's no contest for me. Despite them both being capable of bombscare moments, at least Sowah has some actual footballing ability. McMann is a good athlete but that's about it.

Some thoughts heading into the split.

As I said on yesterday's match thread, I'd be starting Andreu in every game from now on. Yes, he's been somewhat disappointing since his return but he's still got the ability to turn a game with his quality.

Miller would be an impact sub at best for me at the moment. Been way off the boil and, despite his great run at the start of the second half yesterday, has looked like a liability recently both in terms of overall play and his football IQ. Could have been sent off yesterday for a stupid tackle whilst already on a yellow. Not what we need on the run in and it certainly looks like his mind is elsewhere.

I never thought I'd type this sentence, but Sowah should be starting. If the alternative is McMann, then it's no contest for me. Despite them both being capable of bombscare moments, at least Sowah has some actual footballing ability. McMann is a good athlete but that's about it.

Pretty fair summary. What about Formation? I’d get the 3/5 at the back punted and go 4-4-2 as standard with big Davies & Oakley starting up top. Also bring Imrie back in, even if only for a few sub appearances. Could do with his passion imo for some of the battles coming up.

1 minute ago, bomberharris said:

Pretty fair summary. What about Formation? I’d get the 3/5 at the back punted and go 4-4-2 as standard with big Davies & Oakley starting up top. Also bring Imrie back in, even if only for a few sub appearances. Could do with his passion imo for some of the battles coming up.

The last couple of times he's started with a back three, he changed it midway through the first half. 

I really don't like the diamond - it surrenders the flanks too easily and puts a lot of pressure on the two wider central midfielders, meaning we get pegged back too easily - but it does play to the strengths of Davies and Oakley as it gets an additional midfielder closer to their knock-downs. Apparently Rice has bemoaned the fact that he doesn't have a midfielder who can pass the ball, hence why Mimnaugh's been given a chance, but I think the formation has put him in a bit of a quandary whether the three deeper midfielders should be helping the full-backs then driving forward or actually providing creativity. It's telling that five of our seven goals under Rice have come directly from crosses. 

I think the midfield is the main problem, and would certainly explain why Minnaugh has been thrown in. He did fine yesterday IMO, despite the moaning I've seen elsewhere.

Really want this season to end, hopefully with us in 10th of course. I posted before that I think Rice has been taken aback at just how poor the squad is. I certainly won't be making any major judgements on him until the squad consists of mainly 'his' signings (as much as they can be 'his' whilst working under a Director of Football).

Huge turnover in the summer again. Bring it on.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

I see Tom Taiwo is actually still alive and starting for the reserves today. 

17 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I see Tom Taiwo is actually still alive and starting for the reserves today. 

God forbid he ever gets near the 1st team again.

Me irl when your boyfriend slags Darren Lyon:

ralph.gif.3614b3c07e3db19dcd4c01925fd2997e.gif

You are very silly on twitter keep it clean in future or you’ll get banned again.

You are very silly on twitter keep it clean in future or you’ll get banned again.
Apologies have been sent, tweets have been deleted:
20190106_143109.jpg

9 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Apologies have been sent, tweets have been deleted:
20190106_143109.jpg

Shitebag.

Watched the reserves today for the first time this season.
George Stanger and Leon McCann looked good, the latter of whom was composed on the ball, comfortable in one-on-ones and taking charge of situations by telling more experienced players (Ogkmpoe and Taiwo) what to do and where to be. I don't know if anything he said was correct, but he seemed to have some degree of awareness.
There are a few nice footballers in that team, mainly in midfield, but you always have to be wary praising them due to there being less physicality and more time.
I know he's just back from injury, but it's a bad sign that Taiwo didn't influence a game against kids. You could tell he was older simply due to having greater composure on the ball - other than that he just looked like a below average academy player.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Watched the reserves today for the first time this season.
George Stanger and Leon McCann looked good, the latter of whom was composed on the ball, comfortable in one-on-ones and taking charge of situations by telling more experienced players (Ogkmpoe and Taiwo) what to do and where to be. I don't know if anything he said was correct, but he seemed to have some degree of awareness.
There are a few nice footballers in that team, mainly in midfield, but you always have to be wary praising them due to there being less physicality and more time.
I know he's just back from injury, but it's a bad sign that Taiwo didn't influence a game against kids. You could tell he was older simply due to having greater composure on the ball - other than that he just looked like a below average academy player.

Sent off as well?

Minter.

Yeah, the two players who came on in midfield (Reilly and Scullion, I think) after his sending off showed more than he did.

Taiwo has been a dreadful signing as have/were Phillips, Penny, Kelly,Monlouis, Bloomfield, Smith and Brustad. Makes you wonder why Canning hasn't got another job.

Daily Express reporting we have signed Markus Fjortoft - a centre half from Southern United on a 1 year deal.

Also heard rumours Aaron Doran might be heading our way.

Edited by FuzzyBear

Daily Express reporting we have signed Markus Fjortoft - a centre half from Southern United on a 1 year deal.

He's no even got a Wiki page. Cancel the transfer now!

Edit- BBC gossip column reporting it as Southend.lol

Have a Hamilton question. As a Largs fan weve just had our allocation for the junior cup final. Is anyone able to give a stand by stand breakdown of the capacity?