-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

Just now, Im_Rodger said:

Fulton was in goals today Ludo.

I know, first paragraph was referring to Fulton. Sorry for the confusion.

Welcome back btw.

Fulton was in goals today Ludo.

But if that means he is good enough to fill Woods's boots then the rebuilding job looks to have already begun with rice playing Fulton today and the past few games. 

Rebuilding for next season looks v difficult if the rumours about the players leaving is true. 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I know, first paragraph was referring to Fulton. Sorry for the confusion.

Welcome back btw.

It's great to be back. Was gonna post a lot more than I did but the website crashed just before I started work. 

It's great to be back. Was gonna post a lot more than I did but the website crashed just before I started work. 

The crash was quite timely IMO.

I know todays result was amazing for GIRFUY reasons alone but it is a massive boost going into our crunch fixture with St Mirren. 

Draw the minimum requirement for safety. 

Brian Rice has my full support regardless if we finish 10th or 11th. 

Unreal St Mirrens assistant manager was better than their actual manager. 

Woods didn't train in the week leading up to the Livi game so I don't think he's been dropped. More likely to be injured.
Fulton shouldn't be our 'keeper next season, but he hasn't really made a mistake in the last two games. As Ludo said, though, he didn't have anything to do yesterday.

Woods was receiving treatment immediately after we scored against Motherwell and hasn't featured since. I'm not sure if he's ever been dropped this season, he's had a couple of injuries. Fulton's timewasting was strange, as though we were happy with a draw.

Woods, Keatings, Tshiembe, Kilgallon, Penny all away.

The Sun are reporting that the latter four are due to leave along with Davies and Taiwo. Davies has been useful when we're chasing the game and need a battering ram, but he's not irreplaceable. Marios looks like he can perform the same role but with more mobility, although he only signed an 18-month contract in January 2018.
The Sun have also said Imrie's retiring to take the u18s and we'll be looking to focus on youth.
McGowan has definitely signed for next season, but despite his flaws in positioning/awareness, I'd imagine he'll be the only player other clubs would try and buy over the summer.
Finally, we're apparently signing a couple of players from Inverness, one of whom could be Aaron Doran, but I'll believe it when I see it.

23 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

The Sun are reporting that the latter four are due to leave along with Davies and Taiwo. Davies has been useful when we're chasing the game and need a battering ram, but he's not irreplaceable. Marios looks like he can perform the same role but with more mobility, although he only signed an 18-month contract in January 2018.
The Sun have also said Imrie's retiring to take the u18s and we'll be looking to focus on youth.
McGowan has definitely signed for next season, but despite his flaws in positioning/awareness, I'd imagine he'll be the only player other clubs would try and buy over the summer.
Finally, we're apparently signing a couple of players from Inverness, one of whom could be Aaron Doran, but I'll believe it when I see it.

What's happening with Kilgallon? Is he finished? I thought he was your best defender (although your goal difference is joint with us somehow.....)

Kilgallon flatters to deceive. Looks good but still loses a hell of a lot of goals.

So does Ziggy but he is lauded a hero by some. Our whole defence is a car crash and could have done with being ripped apart and started again next season.

For me this season, Ziggy hasn't done enough, he's had some good moments, but I don't think they out weigh his blunders. Not to mention the time we called on him to play his old rightful position, he had an absolute shocker.

Saying that, I would prefer we keep him, as I don't fancy the gamble of bringing in someone better.

Edited by Laid-back Accie

16 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I think folk are being incredibly harsh on Ziggy here.

Also don't understand the McGowan hate.

Agree we need a competent left back.

Is not understandable that every player in a defence that has conceded 73 goals is being questioned?