-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

I've decided that today was the game that relegated us. Collapsing like that in the easiest game left, while St Mirren have their tails up, is a disaster.
If we win next week we will be in a decent position. Todays point could be vital.

Losing to Dundee when they had lost 6/7? On the spin was when it was plainly obvious. Or losing to the Motherwell reserves at new year which probably lost Canning his job was another big sign we were going down. Arbroath away though [emoji482]
That Motherwell game was the only other one that had a similar feeling.
If we win next week we will be in a decent position. Todays point could be vital.
I hope you're right. Andreu's looked much better the last couple of games and Marios has improved the team more than I thought he would, so things look a bit better in an attacking sense.
The defence and midfield is a disaster though, and St Mirren are really scaring me.

I'm not a fan of bringing Canning into it, but it feels like his four years have brought in a losers mentality - both with the fans and players.
We all go into games expecting defeat, I'd imagine everyone knew that we'd throw that lead away as soon as Livi got their first, and Rice even said that a player or players said "that's just what happens at Accies" after losing 5-0 to Killie. When we win a game, it's just assumed we'll lose the following week.
Canning can't be blamed for everything, and maybe I'm just reading into this too much, but I just feel there's a mentality issue at the club.

I think it’s a lot simpler it’s a quality issue the players simply aren’t good enough to play at this level. We have a few players who can raise their game to this level but not for 90mins week in week out. Any other season we would have been relegated by now. We are fortunate we have a three game season to save ourselves with a two point lead. It is very unlikely Dundee will win the last three games but Accies need three massive efforts to avoid a playoff.

I think it’s a lot simpler it’s a quality issue the players simply aren’t good enough to play at this level. We have a few players who can raise their game to this level but not for 90mins week in week out. Any other season we would have been relegated by now. We are fortunate we have a three game season to save ourselves with a two point lead. It is very unlikely Dundee will win the last three games but Accies need three massive efforts to avoid a playoff.

Agreed. I’m really torn.

Positive head on : Dundee are down - needs us to lose all 3 and more improbable them to win all 3! We’re 2 ahead of St Mirren with 3 to play, and they play a Well team who have Turnbull and a few others on form still, while we play Dundee who have lost 9 on the bounce with the manger now blaming the players.

A win next week still puts us in a great position . . .

Negative : That’s 3 home games where we could have won and had this all sorted out and we have missed 3 big opportunities. Yesterday was the worst and really feels like a defeat!

Overall - While frustrating we’ve not killed games off, and have dropped valuable points, It’s somehow still in our hands and one big push next weekend is required. While dundee have spanked us this season that was Canning not Rice, and with Oakley and big Ogie playing well we should be confident of getting a goal.

We just need to shore up that defense [emoji51]🤞 and go for that all important win

Kilgallon was a big miss. OK, he's been part of several thrashings but mostly away from home. Last three home games before yesterday, only two goals lost. Hope the injury isn't too bad. I think Ziggy plays better alongside him.

Is "Canning's team would never have..." going to the stock response for the next few years. Maybe we could say Rice's team would never have won at Ibrox or won 3 -1 at Fir Park. For the record, I'm glad we made the change but let's move on.

Edited by Owsley

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 23:12, Im_Rodger said:

1. Do
2. Not
3. Be
4. Silly
5. You
6. Cannot
7. Predict
8. The
9. League
10. Right
11. Now
12. Dundee

Just had to bump this post from almost 12 months ago.

Outstanding.

:thumsup2

Woods, Keatings, Tshiembe, Kilgallon, Penny all away. Hearing conflicted reports about McGowan. Take from that what you will, but [mention]Scotty Tunbridge[/mention] can confirm I got the team right today.

Apparently he's signed for next season but I'm still not sure he will be here by July. The first five + Boyd I'm v confident about. Apparently we're releasing Boyd to free up wages for 22.

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Woods, Keatings, Tshiembe, Kilgallon, Penny all away. Hearing conflicted reports about McGowan. Take from that what you will, but [mention]Scotty Tunbridge[/mention] can confirm I got the team right today.

Big boots needing filled next season. 

46 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

A little sorry to see woods go, very capable at this level imo.

Means we'll need to sign a new keeper, as there's no way Fulton is good enough.

He reminded me of a young Tomas Cerny with his timewasting today. No idea of his ability mind as we failed to actually test him.

I'd have Gary Woods at Dens ahead of Hamilton in a heartbeat. Weird how many times you've dropped him for inferior keepers this season.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

He reminded me of a young Tomas Cerny with his timewasting today. No idea of his ability mind as we failed to actually test him.

I'd have Gary Woods at Dens ahead of Hamilton in a heartbeat. Weird how many times you've dropped him for inferior keepers this season.

Fulton was in goals today Ludo.