-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

Thats me been at 7 away games this season - 7 losses.
0 goals scored and 19 against !!
I've at least seen us win away this season - just the once mind, St Mirren.

We're due to go to St Mirren & Dundee after the split - may be best if you don't bother going? [emoji23]

Post-split fixtures:

Motherwell (H)
Livingston (H)
Dundee (A)
St Mirren (A) - Monday night
St Johnstone (H)

Ideally, it's all wrapped up before the Dundee/St Mirren double header, although we all know that won't happen.

Some thoughts heading into the split.

As I said on yesterday's match thread, I'd be starting Andreu in every game from now on. Yes, he's been somewhat disappointing since his return but he's still got the ability to turn a game with his quality.

Miller would be an impact sub at best for me at the moment. Been way off the boil and, despite his great run at the start of the second half yesterday, has looked like a liability recently both in terms of overall play and his football IQ. Could have been sent off yesterday for a stupid tackle whilst already on a yellow. Not what we need on the run in and it certainly looks like his mind is elsewhere.

I never thought I'd type this sentence, but Sowah should be starting. If the alternative is McMann, then it's no contest for me. Despite them both being capable of bombscare moments, at least Sowah has some actual footballing ability. McMann is a good athlete but that's about it.

Pretty fair summary. What about Formation? I’d get the 3/5 at the back punted and go 4-4-2 as standard with big Davies & Oakley starting up top. Also bring Imrie back in, even if only for a few sub appearances. Could do with his passion imo for some of the battles coming up.

1 minute ago, bomberharris said:

Pretty fair summary. What about Formation? I’d get the 3/5 at the back punted and go 4-4-2 as standard with big Davies & Oakley starting up top. Also bring Imrie back in, even if only for a few sub appearances. Could do with his passion imo for some of the battles coming up.

The last couple of times he's started with a back three, he changed it midway through the first half. 

I really don't like the diamond - it surrenders the flanks too easily and puts a lot of pressure on the two wider central midfielders, meaning we get pegged back too easily - but it does play to the strengths of Davies and Oakley as it gets an additional midfielder closer to their knock-downs. Apparently Rice has bemoaned the fact that he doesn't have a midfielder who can pass the ball, hence why Mimnaugh's been given a chance, but I think the formation has put him in a bit of a quandary whether the three deeper midfielders should be helping the full-backs then driving forward or actually providing creativity. It's telling that five of our seven goals under Rice have come directly from crosses. 

Watched the reserves today for the first time this season.
George Stanger and Leon McCann looked good, the latter of whom was composed on the ball, comfortable in one-on-ones and taking charge of situations by telling more experienced players (Ogkmpoe and Taiwo) what to do and where to be. I don't know if anything he said was correct, but he seemed to have some degree of awareness.
There are a few nice footballers in that team, mainly in midfield, but you always have to be wary praising them due to there being less physicality and more time.
I know he's just back from injury, but it's a bad sign that Taiwo didn't influence a game against kids. You could tell he was older simply due to having greater composure on the ball - other than that he just looked like a below average academy player.

Daily Express reporting we have signed Markus Fjortoft - a centre half from Southern United on a 1 year deal.

Also heard rumours Aaron Doran might be heading our way.

Edited by FuzzyBear