-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

On 20/02/2019 at 16:33, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Was always going to be not many of the players who run out at the end of the season will want to re-sign unless we have safety confirmed.

Mackinnon is probably being kept on for another year to help him transition into coaching I'll presume. 

Ziggy, Killa, Miller, Woods *As flakey as he can be is still better option than Fulton*  are absolute priorities for contracts. I've heard that Miller apparently has a lot of interest in England and would be keen to return : ( 

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

McMillan could be giving Aaron Smith/Mucha/Monlouis some competition for worse signing of the season.

2 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:
McMillan could be giving Aaron Smith/Mucha/Monlouis some competition for worse signing of the season.

Agree with this. Haven't seen anything positive from him so far.

Looking back, the warning signs were probably there when we let him leave yet kept Kane, who hasn't scored this season, and Hendry, who struggled at Brechin.

He might be injured.
However, Rice said that the players weren't anywhere near fit enough and only gave them one day off between him taking over and the Hibs game.
I wouldn't be surprised if Keatings was one of those not fit enough, although I wouldn't rule out an injury due to his record.

7 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I was never his biggest fan in his first spell, but I've been a bit more impressed this time round.

Surely he merits a start ahead of McMillan or even a place on the bench.

Is he injured?

Outwith one worldy goal he has been really poor IMO.  How can you not be impressed first time round? He scored double digits and deserved a shot in the premiership with us first time round, with more starts.  He definitely lacks fitness and outwith a cracking shot with a dead ball he detracts from the forward attacks mostly. Maybe if he could get back to full fitness this would change, however would he have faired any better today? I don't think so, we sorely missed the holding ability of Davies *Again*
McMillan for me is pretty rotten so far, signing players with lack of game time is going to be hit and miss. At least Mucha had one good game and a couple saves  :D

The only positive I can go with from today are that Rice didn't wait till the dying embers of the game to make the changes needed, he made the changes with enough time gone to have not embarrass the players being removed or embarrass himself for the team setup.  I actually thought he would have went with a 5 in midfield today and a return for Dougie *who has been rather poor this season* 

Mimnaugh again showed very little, I do keep in mind that he is still essentially a kid, however throwing him to the lions like this will do nothing for his confidence OR for the team. 

Edited by JudgeFlash

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The Rice interview on our Twitter feed is quite something. Sunday training for the boys.

By the sounds of it, Keatings and/or Boyd will be starting the next game.

I've seen some panic on social media about guys being out of contract. Am I the only one who doesn't really care? I would have maybe worried about Miller and Kilgallon a few months ago but now I'm leaning towards ambivalence.

Killgallon would be no loss. Done.