-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

2 hours ago, JudgeFlash said:

It's an absolute must win tomorrow, ABSOLUTE. It'll give a 5 point buffer from St Mirren.

Worryingly, our next 4 games after are St J, Hibs, Rangers, Aberdeen. 

ahh we will take points aff them all !!

Just bringing this discussion back in-house. 

Agree with what's that's been said by Bateman and Bomber about this being a positive move. No way we would have recovered from going 0-1 down under Canning... and we would have been 0-1 down and probably shipped another.

The fact Brian changed it and we went all out attack from a losing position is a really promising blast from the past. 

Can't add much more than has been said already but three points:

1. We would absolutely have been relegated under Canning anyway. He's kept us up in the past but was on a downward trajectory this season. 

2. As has been said, we may still go down but if we do, we go down fighting. 

3. Most importantly, if we go down, we are in a better place to compete in the Championship, whereas under Canning, we'd have continued to sink like a stone through the leagues. 

Here's hoping it doesn't come to that. Still a lot of work to do but at least there's a bit of positivity again amongst the supporters. 

Just updating our squad list and didn't realise how many players are out of contract in the summer. If any of these guys aren't, or if I've missed anyone let me know:

• Gary Woods
  • Ryan Fulton
  • Ziggy Gordon
  • Shaun Want
  • George Stanger
  • Jack Breen
  • Dougie Imrie
  • Ross Cunningham
  • Ronan Hughes
  • Darian MacKinnon
  • Lewis Smith
  • Steve Davies
  • Mickel Miller
  • Ryan Tierney
  • Marios Ogkmpoe

I'd be surprised if McGowan, Kilgallon and Tshiembe are signed beyond the summer but it's not been confirmed. 

On 03/02/2019 at 14:42, accies1874 said:

Just updating our squad list and didn't realise how many players are out of contract in the summer. If any of these guys aren't, or if I've missed anyone let me know:

• Gary Woods
  • Ryan Fulton
  • Ziggy Gordon
  • Shaun Want
  • George Stanger
  • Jack Breen
  • Dougie Imrie
  • Ross Cunningham
  • Ronan Hughes
  • Darian MacKinnon
  • Lewis Smith
  • Steve Davies
  • Mickel Miller
  • Ryan Tierney
  • Marios Ogkmpoe

I'd be surprised if McGowan, Kilgallon and Tshiembe are signed beyond the summer but it's not been confirmed. 

I'd brought this up on an earlier post when it came to significant contracts...
Tierney is gone.
Also Killa and Mcgowan have contracts expiring in summer.

Potentially we shall be losing Ziggy, Woods, Mcgowan,  Mikel, Killa, Daz and Want. Some ultra experienced players and some potential future greats...all walking out the door. I suppose a lot of these contracts will come down to what division we are in next season, I don't expect Killa wants to go to Alloa on a friday night in winter. 

Edited by JudgeFlash

Absolutely brilliant.

It's cliched as hell, but the change in mood from stands to pitch is legitimate. 

Fans actually believe we can win games under this regime. Oakley and Davies is a helluva team for defenders. 
Sowah having the game of his life and really putting a shout in to start over McMann at LB.  

I've said it before, Dougie was my favourite Accies player for years, however he was so far off the pace tonight it could have cost us those points. Miller proved his importance.

The managers post match comments just cement my love for him, he wants the people of Hamilton to be proud of their local team. Playing football like tonight more regularly MIGHT just be the thing to attract the next generation of fans to NDP. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I saw Mimnaugh in the Basel game I thought he looked like a nice footballer who'll struggle when pressed; I stand by that after today. There's bags of potential there, but I'm not sure we can take a risk given our position, and he definitely wasn't the right sub today.
Smith looked really good taking players on but had a poor final ball.
Neither of these guys are ready for first team football yet, but hopefully the right coaching and an odd sub appearance can help them get to that level.

Taiwo was injured but shouldn't be playing if fit, Keatings will be fairly low in the pecking order, I don't think Want's been in the 18 under Rice.
Martin is OK. People like him because he runs around a lot, but there must be something missing if two managers have deemed him worth of getting dropped. Rice has fancied MacKinnon playing a bit further forward which requires someone sitting deeper, and I don't think Martin can do that.