-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

Judging by the complete and utter meltdown from ICT Twitter, Oakley must have been some player or at least look like he's going to become a great player. 

Oakley interview on AcciesTV he's quoted as saying Rice is really passionate about football and his man management skills are really motivational. Something we ABSOLUTELY NEEDED. This interview and the words from Rice today have left a positive impression on me. 

It’s a weird one. He is, or was even, our best striker but he is not a goalscorer. He can make some decent finishes but will also miss a lot of guilt edge chances.

He was loved by the fans and he’s one of those who will run after every ball and always puts a shift in. He can hold the ball up well and link the play well too but also at times he can be terrible at that as well. Maybe working with Rice again will bring him onto the next level.

Think it has brought more of a reaction as we now are left with two strikers, one who can’t play football and the other is injured all the time. Not great when you are trying to get into the play offs.

I really hope he does well for you but I thought the Championship was his level.

14 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

It’s a weird one. He is, or was even, our best striker but he is not a goalscorer. He can make some decent finishes but will also miss a lot of guilt edge chances.

He was loved by the fans and he’s one of those who will run after every ball and always puts a shift in. He can hold the ball up well and link the play well too but also at times he can be terrible at that as well. Maybe working with Rice again will bring him onto the next level.

Think it has brought more of a reaction as we now are left with two strikers, one who can’t play football and the other is injured all the time. Not great when you are trying to get into the play offs.

I really hope he does well for you but I thought the Championship was his level.

Well we are now spoilt for choice with strong strikers who can hold the ball up! If someone told me we would be trading Rakish for these two, I'd have gladly accepted.

Wish we'd invested in an attacking mid and a centre back. I'm hoping this is the turn we needed, a strong finish to the season and convince the likes of Miller and Killa to sign longer contracts. 

Well we are now spoilt for choice with strong strikers who can hold the ball up! If someone told me we would be trading Rakish for these two, I'd have gladly accepted.
Wish we'd invested in an attacking mid and a centre back. I'm hoping this is the turn we needed, a strong finish to the season and convince the likes of Miller and Killa to sign longer contracts. 

I should have probably added he is a lot quicker than he looks. Can be a handful for defences. This was all in the Championship though and at times he would put all the effort in but when he got the ball at his feet would be utterly hopeless.

There was a reason he ended up at us and he never really pulled up any trees here but he was our best striker, which probably doesn’t say much about us.

Oakley stretches defences.  He's brilliant at it.  If you're attacking midfielder is on the ball, Oakley can sometimes pull 2 defenders out wide leaving space in the centre for folk.

But yep, he loves shooting and heading straight at the 'keeper from 3 yards out.  He's not a goalscorer, if that's what you're looking for.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Oakley stretches defences.  He's brilliant at it.  If you're attacking midfielder is on the ball, Oakley can sometimes pull 2 defenders out wide leaving space in the centre for folk.

But yep, he loves shooting and heading straight at the 'keeper from 3 yards out.  He's not a goalscorer, if that's what you're looking for.

McMillans goals for us exclusively came from within 8 yards, so they should pair up well

1 hour ago, G51 Red said:

On average we have let in more than 2 goals per game , lost more goals than any other team in the league ...Yeah our defence is fine :lol:

I was being sarcastic.

Luckily it seems your management do think it's fine, as shown by the lack of defensive signings this window.

4 hours ago, Accies88 said:

Sounds promising. Andreu Oakley and McMillan all linking up . Need to get that defence sorted though. 

I'd have definitely liked a strengthening of the defence, however that was because we've played wing backs for so long. If we go back to a flat 4 we have much more options. 

A back 4 combo of  Mcgowan - Killa - Want - Gordon would be my pick. I'd rather see Mcmann do some damage on the wing, but he has however played as LB previously. That leaves us with Alex Penny *please never again* , Shaun Want *who i think should be getting game time in CD* . & Lenny Sowah.

A couple of big rumours were Killa and Miller were going to be leaving if things stayed as they did, hopefully a strong 10th place finish or even chase for 9th and build on that for next season. 

Edited by JudgeFlash

6 minutes ago, JudgeFlash said:

I'd have definitely liked a strengthening of the defence, however that was because we've played wing backs for so long. If we go back to a flat 4 we have much more options. 

A back 4 combo of  Mcgowan - Killa - Want - Gordon would be my pick. I'd rather see Mcmann do some damage on the wing, but he has however played as LB previously. That leaves us with Alex Penny *please never again* , Shaun Want *who i think should be getting game time in CD* . & Lenny Sowah.

A couple of big rumours were Killa and Miller were going to be leaving if things stayed as they did, hopefully a strong 10th place finish or even chase for 9th and build on that for next season. 

I agree entirely about having players for a back 4 but I would go for McGowan, Killgallon, Ziggy and Sowah.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

I agree entirely about having players for a back 4 but I would go for McGowan, Killgallon, Ziggy and Sowah.

I'll tell you my reasoning, Ziggy & Killa are most likely to leave in the Summer, as will Sowah. Shaun Want has had some really good and really bad performances, him playing alongside someone with the experience of Killa for even the remainder of the season would do him the absolute world of good and leave us hopefully with a young CB with more experience. I'm thinking long term here. 
I think Ziggy' pace at LB would really help us in finally getting some crosses in that matter. 

Just now, Accies88 said:

True. McKinnon/ Martin and Gogic in front of Judge flashes back four for me m74

Woods

Mcgowan Killa Want Gordon

Martin Mackinnon 

Miller            Andreu               McMann

Davies 

Spoilt for choice with strikers now, so could actually go to a 4-4-2 variation. 

15 minutes ago, JudgeFlash said:

Woods

Mcgowan Killa Want Gordon

Martin Mackinnon 

Miller            Andreu               McMann

Davies 

Spoilt for choice with strikers now, so could actually go to a 4-4-2 variation. 

Dont know what to expect tomorrow team wise.  Maybe a 4-1-4-1. McKinnon,Woods and Miller are still injured arent they? So Fulton , a back 4 of McGowan , Want, Killa, Gordon.  Martin then in front of him McMann, Andreu, Oakley , Keatings. And Davies/McMillan up front. Looks top heavy right enough. But its the fun at home.

1 hour ago, Accies88 said:

Dont know what to expect tomorrow team wise.  Maybe a 4-1-4-1. McKinnon,Woods and Miller are still injured arent they? So Fulton , a back 4 of McGowan , Want, Killa, Gordon.  Martin then in front of him McMann, Andreu, Oakley , Keatings. And Davies/McMillan up front. Looks top heavy right enough. But its the fun at home.

It's an absolute must win tomorrow, ABSOLUTE. It'll give a 5 point buffer from St Mirren.

Worryingly, our next 4 games after are St J, Hibs, Rangers, Aberdeen.