-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

44 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

New appointment could go either way - seen a lot of excellent coaches turn out to be shite managers.

We have a DOF in place, he's being brought in as a head coach, with an assistant manager as well.

For me a 2 year contract states they have faith in him, we pleaded for change and we have it. He's being given the best possible chance to succeed by having a good support around him too. 

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Obscure Accies Fact:

New Assistant Coach Allan "Soapy" McGonagall once scored a hat-trick at Douglas Park...

....for Meadowbank Thistle in a 5-1 win against the Accies....

....which I bloody missed. :(

And we still won the title that season!

As for Rice's demeanour in those photos, he is a dour character. That's just the way he is. 

Ignore the photos, here's his first interview with Accies TV - I like his positivity! 

Says he wants the players to play with energy, enthusiasm and play for the fans. Wants the fans to enjoy their pint post match, knowing the team put everything in... Sounds like he gets it! 

Ignore the photos, here's his first interview with Accies TV - I like his positivity! 
Says he wants the players to play with energy, enthusiasm and play for the fans. Wants the fans to enjoy their pint post match, knowing the team put everything in... Sounds like he gets it! 
Eh....isn't that what any manager would say?

4 minutes ago, Romeo said:
13 minutes ago, NaeVay said:

Meaning he gets that we haven't had that for the last while. 

6 minutes ago, Romeo said:
15 minutes ago, NaeVay said:

I don't recall Martin Canning in the past two years talking about taking the fight to teams and to become a more attacking side. His patter was always "we work on this in training" blah blah "dust ourselves down" 

18 years coaching experience vs Martin Canning, i'll take the 18 thanks. 

One quote that sums up Martin Canning, is regarding big teams "We're not judged on these performances"  - That's right, imagine your manager telling you that you SHOULD not expect to beat a team, so why the f**k would you bother putting the work in if your leader doesn't think you can do it? 

I'm hoping for a return to a traditional back four, with some changes made to positioning.
Dougie for one needs to be dropped, his legs have long left him and he only ever had one foot. 

With the right players in the right positions and with someone on the sidelines who can spot changes to a game, I genuinely think we have the opportunity to build a decent team.

I don't expect to win every game, I however expect to see our players put in 100% effort, something they haven't done in a long time. 

I understand why the majority of other fans think this will go badly - I actually agree - but... well... some other weird appointments have turned out to be OK.
That's all I've got.

Name one other example in Scottish (or British) football this decade where something as strange as this has worked.

8 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I thought Alex Neil had just retired from playing, didn’t realise he was over 50 years old at the time.

Hiring your current club captain to be player/coach with no managerial background, that's pretty strange IMO. Taking Accies from mid table meh to one of the best half seasons in the clubs history once promoted, that'll do me. 

Judging by the complete and utter meltdown from ICT Twitter, Oakley must have been some player or at least look like he's going to become a great player. 

Oakley interview on AcciesTV he's quoted as saying Rice is really passionate about football and his man management skills are really motivational. Something we ABSOLUTELY NEEDED. This interview and the words from Rice today have left a positive impression on me.