-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

You do know that Rice is 55 and has never been a manager in his own right? Not sure how that equates as big potential?

I do know that, but good to hear Wikipedia is working. 

Potential is subjective, whether or not it materialises will have to be seen, but that's the way they do things at Accies. For every Tony Andreu or Giannis Skondras, there's 10 Nicolas Sumskys. 

It's a gamble but Rice has a lot of coaching experience and Maitland seems to have a more positive outlook and a good idea what we need. 

15 hours ago, JudgeFlash said:

Donati has played at some of the biggest clubs in the world and beside some world class players.

Exactly the kind of credentials needed for managing Hamilton Academical imo.

Edited by The_Judge
There's no s M9.

5 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Obscure Accies Fact:

New Assistant Coach Allan "Soapy" McGonagall once scored a hat-trick at Douglas Park...

....for Meadowbank Thistle in a 5-1 win against the Accies....

....which I bloody missed. :(

He's DOF not assistant coach but thanks.

2 hours ago, The_Judge said:

Exactly the kind of credentials needed for managing Hamilton Academical imo.

Oh sarcasm,  yawn.

Perhaps his playing beside and under world class professionals, coupled with his knowledge of our youth team and setup is why he would make a good member of our coaching staff, nobody is saying manager. 

Hamilton Advertiser - Alan Maitland hoping to have another striker signed by this afternoon AND another player in before the window closes.

For me the real danger in this window is losing Mikel and Killa, our most creative attacker and our solid and experienced CB. these would be catastrophic losses IMO. I'm hoping the new management structure will change the ways our disgruntled players think of the club and HOPEFULLY lead to them staying with us and possibly resigning before summer.