-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Listening to hamilton fans on here it looked like a change was needed but I just think the timing was off maybe get rid before the winter break with a fresh start to the year not at the end of a transfer window.

That is exactly what should have happened,

Maitland said they have had 50 enquiries about the job already and new appointment "unlikely to come from within the club". Should be in post for St Johnstone game next week.

I’ve been told in the last hour that Boyd (Kris, not Scott) left our training session to go speak to Hamilton. Not as a manager but as a player/coach under the new regime.

So I wonder what that regime will be.

24 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think most on the outside looking in will think Canning has done a very decent job. Up untill this season Hamilton have been heavy favourites to automatically go down. I do sympathise that watching shite football week in week out can be soul destroying but with the type of league we have and the wages Hamilton pay it will mainly be hoofballers Hamilton can afford. Trying to sign technically betters and playing more aesthetically pleasing football would more than likely not work at all.  As great as beating the odds to stay up can be dropping down to a league where budgets are more on a par could possibly be better for the fans and the football style could be a bit more adventurous.

You could say the same about ‘Ronny’ at Celtic then? He won the league = doing a good job.

I’ve been told in the last hour that Boyd (Kris, not Scott) left our training session to go speak to Hamilton. Not as a manager but as a player/coach under the new regime.

As long as he brings Clarke with him.

From the outside, it seems as if Canning's remit was to keep the club from being relegated, and nothing more.  If that is the case, it seems strange to let him go now, when Dundee and St Mirren are both utterly horrible.

That said,  Hamilton fans have had to put up with that outlook for long enough.  You'd have thought the club would have shown a little more ambition, and the joy seems to have been drained.  The reaction of the fans seems to be "so long and thanks for all the fish."  Which is entirely fair enough - they should well know when enough is enough.

Fully expect a plethora of morons/analysts on Sportsound and in the red tops giving it full "how dare Hamilton do this, don't they know their place?"  In reality, that's the old boys network looking out for their mate Canning.

8 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Barry Ferguson incoming