-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

15 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
20 minutes ago, Hendo said:
So what is your point?

Some of our fans are unhappy when we sign black/foreign players.

Ah, I see, so it's not you that's racist, just some of your fellow supporters. Thanks for clearing that up.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Ah, I see, so it's not you that's racist, just some of your fellow supporters. Thanks for clearing that up.

More to do with the fact 99% of them are shite although a lot of those you cast as racist would rather have Jason Scotland as Manager than Canning,so get off the offended bus.

Pretty MEH day to be honest. I've heard of him but wasn't sure why.  Some light research shows a distinct lack of recent game time. 4 appearances this season and looking like he's been eating all his meals from takeout's isn't filling me with joy. 

I seen the Accies media guys fawning over the contract extension of Boyd, hitting out with work ethic patter, here's the problem, a couple of worldy goals per season and making zero impact on games 90% of the time isn't good enough. 6 goals in 67 apps.  That's 6 goals in 2935 minutes of football.  Extension why?
Ziggy Gordon, Kilgallon, Mcgowan, Woods, Martin, Miller ALL Of these players deserve contract extensions far more! 

The problem this big lump of a striker is gonna have is that we are synonymous with poor delivery, other teams have a free for all with crosses against us, but our players are so devoid of creativity it's hoofball for the majority of the games we play. A solid poacher can make an impact in Scotland,  I like the idea of a strong CF with Miller playing off him. A strong CF to hold up play and allow the likes of Miller to run at defenders. 

Edited by JudgeFlash

7 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

More to do with the fact 99% of them are shite although a lot of those you cast as racist would rather have Jason Scotland as Manager than Canning,so get off the offended bus.

It's not me that said some of your fans are racist.

1 hour ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

No one said that. You seem intent on taking offence. 

"He's also only played 21 minutes since October, something our fans would complain about if he was black".

That's what was posted. Now that the poster has clarified what he meant, he was not making a racist statement but indicating he believed a section of the Accies support was racist.

It's not really that difficult to understand.

7 hours ago, Hendo said:

"He's also only played 21 minutes since October, something our fans would complain about if he was black".

That's what was posted. Now that the poster has clarified what he meant, he was not making a racist statement but indicating he believed a section of the Accies support was racist.

Considering some of the most recent beloved players of a majority of Accies fans are Curier - Jason Scotland and Richard Offiong, I don't think Accies fans are racist, they're just shite-ist. From what I can gather Accies fans are more annoyed when it's seemingly randomly plucked players from around the world IE Richard Roy of Trinidad or Nicolas Sumsky of Czech Republic. I'm hoping Davies proves us all wrong, we have a very physical league so if he can go full pelt for 70 minutes a game and make an impact, job done. 

23 hours ago, Hendo said:

He didn't indicate that a section of our support was racist. As Judgeflash pointed out, it's more to do with the random shite players we have to put up with.

On 15/01/2019 at 23:00, accies1874 said:
On 15/01/2019 at 22:55, Hendo said:
So what is your point?

Some of our fans are unhappy when we sign black/foreign players.

1 hour ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

He didn't indicate that a section of our support was racist. 

Ok then.

Don't know what to make of this about Ziggy, as it's the Scottish Sun after all. https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3757014/hamilton-martin-canning-steve-davies-premiership/

On one hand it’s such a random link so there could be something behind it. On the other hand it’s the sun. He’s one player that you know would still give his all to the cause if he does sign a pre contract elsewhere so I wouldn’t sell him this month.

14 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Oh one hand it’s such a random link so there could be something behind it. On the other hand it’s the sun. He’s one player that you know would still give his all to the cause if he does sign a pre contract elsewhere so I wouldn’t sell him this month.

I have enjoyed his work so far, The problem is how much 'free content' will disappear if a payment system is introduced. 

I'll be sad to see Ziggy leave again, he's been one of the few whose gave it his all in every game this season, he's forced to play CB and has been decent within that role, as I've said previously, he should've been a much higher priority of re-contracting, over BOYD. 

5 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Media chap Marcus asking on Twitter if there would be interest in a subscription service to Accies TV (live coverage for 'overseas' fans etc).

Poll on Twitter if you'd like to vote.

I'd be careful giving out your bank details there