-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

In a bid to make my hangover... worse, I have decided to look at our January/February signings since our 2014 promotion: 

• Nico Sumsky: 1 app (Left in summer 2016 after a failed loan spell at Airdrie)
  • Jason Scotland: 12 apps (Left in summer 2015)
  • Lucas Tagliapietra: 40 apps (Left in summer 2016)
  • Nigel Hasselbaink: 9 apps (Left in summer 2015)

• Chris Mandiangu: 1 app (Left in summer 2016)
  • Oumar Diaby: 6 apps (Left in summer 2016)

• Blair Adams: 7 apps (Left in summer 2017)
  • Giannis Skondras: 41 apps (Left in Easter 2018 after going AWOL)
  • Alex Gogic: 44 apps (Signed in late February and is still fucking here)

• Chrysovalantis Kozoronis: 0 apps (Left two months after signing)
  • Marios Ogkmpoe: 16 apps (Still fucking here)
  • Mickel Miller: 26 apps (Still fucking here and actually quite good)
  • Charlie Scott: 2 apps (Loan ended at the end of the season - it wasn't renewed)
  • Mamason Ledole: Wikipedia said this guy signed for us, but he doesn't seem to actually exist. I found that quite funny so included him. 
  • Kenny Van Der Weg: 11 apps (Left in summer 2018)
  • Ross Jenkins: 11 apps (Left in summer 2018 - still doesn't have a club)
  • Alex Garcia and George Stanger were signed for the Development Team; the former is apparently going through a pretty torrid time so I won't make any jokes, and the latter seems to be doing well. 

You could probably argue a handful of these guys made the team better. Viva January dross. 

21 hours ago, accies1874 said:

In a bid to make my hangover... worse, I have decided to look at our January/February signings since our 2014 promotion: 

• Nico Sumsky: 1 app (Left in summer 2016 after a failed loan spell at Airdrie)
  • Jason Scotland: 12 apps (Left in summer 2015)
  • Lucas Tagliapietra: 40 apps (Left in summer 2016)
  • Nigel Hasselbaink: 9 apps (Left in summer 2015)

• Chris Mandiangu: 1 app (Left in summer 2016)
  • Oumar Diaby: 6 apps (Left in summer 2016)

• Blair Adams: 7 apps (Left in summer 2017)
  • Giannis Skondras: 41 apps (Left in Easter 2018 after going AWOL)
  • Alex Gogic: 44 apps (Signed in late February and is still fucking here)

• Chrysovalantis Kozoronis: 0 apps (Left two months after signing)
  • Marios Ogkmpoe: 16 apps (Still fucking here)
  • Mickel Miller: 26 apps (Still fucking here and actually quite good)
  • Charlie Scott: 2 apps (Loan ended at the end of the season - it wasn't renewed)
  • Mamason Ledole: Wikipedia said this guy signed for us, but he doesn't seem to actually exist. I found that quite funny so included him. 
  • Kenny Van Der Weg: 11 apps (Left in summer 2018)
  • Ross Jenkins: 11 apps (Left in summer 2018 - still doesn't have a club)
  • Alex Garcia and George Stanger were signed for the Development Team; the former is apparently going through a pretty torrid time so I won't make any jokes, and the latter seems to be doing well. 

You could probably argue a handful of these guys made the team better. Viva January dross. 

What exactly is the problem with Garcia? Homesickness I would guess.?

16 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Blair Adams?

I must be suffering from amnesia.

Not a fucking clue.

Played right back, looked half decent then was either injured or dropped and rarely played after that.  Last I heard, was struggling to get a game at Hartlepool in the National League.

One argument against Canning getting ousted was that he’d just get replaced with Imrie who’d be no better.

It’s honestly got to the stage now where I’d accept that. He might have no experience but you’ve got to think he’d at least instill a bit of passion and fight back in them again because this has been pathetic to watch all season. Brucey Bonus it might stop him playing as much.

Guest Moomintroll

You have to hand it to the Accies, they always find 1 or 2 teams that they are better than & the cycle of crowd rage continues. Not sure if it is a deliberate strategy but long may it prosper.

One argument against Canning getting ousted was that he’d just get replaced with Imrie who’d be no better.

It’s honestly got to the stage now where I’d accept that. He might have no experience but you’ve got to think he’d at least instill a bit of passion and fight back in them again because this has been pathetic to watch all season. Brucey Bonus it might stop him playing as much.

Get Jose Morinho - we will pay him in port lol

Ryan Tierney is almost 21. Not a kid anymore and he should be getting closer to the first team. He was loaned to Airdrie last season and scored two on his debut at Albion Rivers but he didn't seem to do much else. Maybe best for him to get away and get some first team action. Then again, Ross Cunningham is sitting on the bench a lot for Forfar.