-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

I try and remain in the 'I'm past caring' camp, but yesterday was as angry as I've been at the football. St Johnstone are good and have been on a good run, but the way we lost all four goals was calamitous, the ball retention was horrendous (constantly giving it away) and there was no threat going forward.
Imrie offers absolutely f**k all to that team. I appreciate how much he's done for the club and there's a place for him in a coaching role, however, he's a winger who slows everything down. Keatings and Miller are the only creative sparks in that team, so we're absolutely gubbed without them.
Woods continues to make mistakes - it's entirely a confidence issue and he would've been dropped if Fulton were fit - and for every excellent performance Tshiembe puts in, he has a couple of disasters like last week and yesterday.

You knew there were gonna be big problems this season when Annan beat us again so easily.
It definitely set the tone for a host of limp defeats. Rangers was probably the only one in which they displayed some fight. Maybe Celtic too.
The squad was made bigger over the summer, but it's so much worse for quality. Keatings and Miller dropping out left us with no creativity whatsoever; any one of that back four dropping out would leave us really struggling; we'd really miss two bang average (at best) midfielders; and the strikers are all so meh.
That was our best defence and they shipped four goals.

I wouldnt beat yourselves up too much, that's the best we've played in years, and we were clinical to boot. 

We had far more chances against St Mirren, while playing worse, the week before. Scored two, missed two penalties, Watt missed an open goal from a few yards, and Watt and Kennedy both had headers from a few yards saved.

You looked decent enough and broke in numbers, poor decision making and good defending stopped. You'll definitely not finish below St Mirren.

I wouldnt beat yourselves up too much, that's the best we've played in years, and we were clinical to boot. 
We had far more chances against St Mirren, while playing worse, the week before. Scored two, missed two penalties, Watt missed an open goal from a few yards, and Watt and Kennedy both had headers from a few yards saved.
You looked decent enough and broke in numbers, poor decision making and good defending stopped. You'll definitely not finish below St Mirren.
It's draining though.
We get so many of those performances, pick up a win every so often, which is amazing, but I don't think the joy of the wins even out how demoralising the constant pathetic defeats are. Even staying up last year had lost a lot of the exhilaration and pretty much had the response of 'this again'.
I'd rather be in the top flight, because when you're a club capable of playing there (which we clearly are), what's the point of playing in the Championship? Be like Falkirk and challenge for promotion most years without ever actually going up? As a fan, though, the only good thing about us being in the top flight is that we can say we're in the top flight.

Pretty much that! I obviously want us to stay in the top flight for as long as possible but feck me we had so much more fun in the Championship!

Even if we went on a wee cup run or something it would be more bearable but we seem determined to get knocked out at the first opportunity every time.