-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

Sounds like a cracking deal they've been able to hash out. They've managed to do some joint working with a neighbouring company. 

Reactions on here should help weed out those who can't spot a good deal when they see it. 

Wonder if they'll consider changing to grass now. 

9 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Probably my last word on this as I can see where it's heading.

CBD oil is something I've unfortunately had to research in the past as it may help someone extremely close to me in regards to their pain management whilst dealing with a terrible illness. If it helps ease the suffering in any way, then I'm all for trying it.

Unfortunately, it would seem that this sponsorship is controversial to some.

The negative thing about this news for me is the fact that McGowan seems to be involved with them in some way. I would much rather have external sponsorship. Perhaps beggars can't be choosers though?

I'm not sure how many people find the oil itself a problem. 

'The Stadium of Hope' was daft (we now know it's not called that), and, on the surface, it's quite funny that we have a stadium named after weed. It's a strange and unique situation that folk will laugh at. We should be used to that by now...

As we know, McGowan has slowly morphed the stadium into a hub for his dealings. It can, at times, be silly (a beach, the magic castle, weird murals, The Stadium of Hope), but if he's helping to keep the club steady, fine. If we needed reminding, we've seen that lucrative companies are hardly queuing to sponsor Accies: SuperSeal went bust, the shirt sponsor came through a director, and CBD Hope has come through McGowan. 

He's a really shady character, but he's done well for the Accies; according to Les Gray, it was McGowan's money that saved the club. 

Apparently, we got £10K from CBD Hope setting up in the old club shop, and any money we get from the stadium name will be money that wasn't coming from keeping the name as New Douglas Park. If this also helps raise the awareness of a potentially great cause, then it's a win-win. 

I'm not sure how many people find the oil itself a problem. 
'The Stadium of Hope' was daft (we now know it's not called that), and, on the surface, it's quite funny that we have a stadium named after weed. It's a strange and unique situation that folk will laugh at. We should be used to that by now...
As we know, McGowan has slowly morphed the stadium into a hub for his dealings. It can, at times, be silly (a beach, the magic castle, weird murals, The Stadium of Hope), but if he's helping to keep the club steady, fine. If we needed reminding, we've seen that lucrative companies are hardly queuing to sponsor Accies: SuperSeal went bust, the shirt sponsor came through a director, and CBD Hope has come through McGowan. 
He's a really shady character, but he's done well for the Accies; according to Les Gray, it was McGowan's money that saved the club. 
Apparently, we got £10K from CBD Hope setting up in the old club shop, and any money we get from the stadium name will be money that wasn't coming from keeping the name as New Douglas Park. If this also helps raise the awareness of a potentially great cause, then it's a win-win. 

McGowan, a shady character???

Nahhhh

44 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Sounds like a cracking deal they've been able to hash out. They've managed to do some joint working with a neighbouring company. 

Reactions on here should help weed out those who can't spot a good deal when they see it. 

Wonder if they'll consider changing to grass now. 

Wahey, a pun fest.:thumsup2

That's the old OFaH line, when Delboy was chatting up two women in a club and told them Rodney was a tennis pro, the woman asked him which he preferred playing on, grass or astro, Rodney who hadn't been paying attention answered, grass, I've never smoked astro.

FFS,  are people really so chemically illiterate that they can't get their head around the fact that different compounds can have entirely different properties?  The stadium sponsors are probably figuring on massive profits due to dumb ass eejits rushing to buy their products in a vain attempt to get high.  Utter non-story, but a fantastic troll by the Accies board.

Aaron Smith posted this before the game last night:
https://twitter.com/aaronsm1th8/status/1021827735445037056
For what it's worth, I've found it a little surprising that he's only made a cameo appearance against Annan so far.

Not even on the bench today in what looks like our A-Squad. How long till he’s out the door?