-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

38 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

So in last few months Jamieson, Skondras, Tomas, Sarris (twice) Docherty, Redmond, Kozoronis, Crawford, Longridge, Ferguson and Templeton have all left and I wouldnt be surprised if Van der Weg, Jenkins and Scott join them shortly. .  Some rebuilding job needing done.

If it's any consolation,Want and Van der Weg are contracted for next season, or so your twitter account is saying in response to a request from Narey's Toepoker.

Ali Crawford: I think I made my feelings clear in the other thread. 

Lewis Ferguson: From what little I saw of him for the 20s, I thought he'd be more of a ball-winning midfielder, but he took up a more advanced role for the first team. There was a lot that reminded me of Docherty (his athleticism and strength that could surprise opponents due to not been bulky), but he is probably better technically than Docherty was at that age. His linkup play and one-touch passing is very nice. That said, we didn't see enough of him to remember. 

Darren Jamieson: He faced six shots on target; he conceded five goals. 

Danny Redmond: Sadly for him, he rarely played well in two games in a row, and even in the wondermonths under Neil, he was probably one of three (Devlin and Hendrie the others) I found dispensable. His output was never great, and he worked best against terrible defences that granted him acres of space to pass into. 

Georgios Sarris: What I sometimes forget about Sarris is that he actually had some great games last season. The term "football brain" should never, ever be attributed to him (fucking hell, dat positioning), but he was great entertainment value - something you don't want from your defender. I'd have liked to have seen more of him in the middle of the back three to try and make up for his inadequacies. One thing we'll never forget was his sacking then return.

Xavier Tomas: Awful first three months or so, then he was quite good, then became shite again recently. When asked to head/clear the ball, he's fine. The problem is that he genuinely can't do anything else. Also, why the f**k did he constantly duck out of headers?

David Templeton: In terms of sheer talent, I think he's the best player I've seen play for Accies - come at me. I feared the worst when he signed at the end of March, hadn't played any football all season, was clearly overweight, and had unsuccessful periods of training with diddy teams such as Dundee United and Edinburgh City. He then didn't feature until a cameo appearance at home to Motherwell on the 36th game of the season. He proved me wrong. His first touch is fucking incredible, often beating players with that alone, and his ability to ghost past players is a joy to watch. I did worry, after seeing his play-off burnout last season, that he couldn't sustain it over the course of a season, but despite an injury-hit start, it's been a joy to watch him since November-ish. 

If it's any consolation,Want and Van der Weg are contracted for next season, or so your twitter account is saying in response to a request from Narey's Toepoker.

Van der Weg isn't. Want is.

This, Unless VDW has signed a contract extension we don’t know about.

Would be ok with VDW going. Filled a gap when we needed it but we can’t seriously be expected to play the whole of next season with him at Centre back.

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

This, Unless VDW has signed a contract extension we don’t know about.

Would be ok with VDW going. Filled a gap when we needed it but we can’t seriously be expected to play the whole of next season with him at Centre back.

It might be different when he gets a pre-season. 

So in last few months Jamieson, Skondras, Tomas, Sarris (twice) Docherty, Redmond, Kozoronis, Crawford, Longridge, Ferguson and Templeton have all left and I wouldnt be surprised if Van der Weg, Jenkins and Scott join them shortly. .  Some rebuilding job needing done.

Also Gillespie and Devlin left

According to the Hamilton Advertiser, Charlie Scott's loan won't be extended.

That’s the sign we are defo cutting back rather than re-structuring tbh. A young boy who’s wages wouldn’t have been too much and could have had potential not wanted.