Jim McInally - Let's All Laugh Now

2 hours ago, Sao Paulo said:

Only identical in that they came from nowhere and were typical of Jim's Morton. MacLennan's goal was a shot from the edge of the box; McKeown's was a header from a free-kick Masterton whipped in.

And let's have it right: Arbuckle was one of the better players on the park for us that day. We'd Div McGowan, Dusan Bestvina, Kevin Bradley, Shaun Fagan and Iain Campbell playing, mind. *Shudder*.

With McInally's record, he really should now be made to kick Bishop Brennan up the arse.

Possible I'm misremembering with it being 10 years ago but I had it in my head that they were both from Masterton inswingers.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the back page of a “Final Hurdle” Dundee Utd fanzine from the late 80s was a section called “Heard in the Shed”

Two cartoons characters were discussing the game via speech bubbles.
One said, “See these continentals, they stroke the ball about like they are stroking a woman”

The other one replies, “well, see McInally - he must be a wife-beater then”

Quality stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My favourite part of that was when he admits he's managed to play ineligible players twice and still blame the SFA.

He also doesn't seem to understand that the body that runs the League Cup is different to the body that runs the Scottish Cup.

Everyone's fault but his own.

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

My favourite part of that was when he admits he's managed to play ineligible players twice and still blame the SFA.

He also doesn't seem to understand that the body that runs the League Cup is different to the body that runs the Scottish Cup.

Everyone's fault but his own.

To be fair the second time in the Ayr game the club was told by the SFA that he was eligible to play and then told afterwards he wasn't.

There was a strange game I remember. Peterhead finished the first half with only 8 players.  I quite enjoy physical encounters but two were probably the worst challenges I have seen whilst being at a game, both on Josh Falkingham. Both with clear intent to injure. After these "challenges" Rory McAllister leaned over the assaulted player screaming in his face. It's hard to know if this came from the manager, but I would suspect so.

Peterhead had a good season that year and had a chance to go up to Championship via the play-offs. They had beaten us up at Balmoor earlier on in the season and had players that could have made a good fist at winning that game cleanly. I didn't understand that tactic.

51 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

There was a strange game I remember. Peterhead finished the first half with only 8 players.  I quite enjoy physical encounters but two were probably the worst challenges I have seen whilst being at a game, both on Josh Falkingham. Both with clear intent to injure. After these "challenges" Rory McAllister leaned over the assaulted player screaming in his face. It's hard to know if this came from the manager, but I would suspect so.

Suddenly I'm a big fan of Peterhead.

4 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

When Dunfermline fielded an ineligible player in the Scottish Cup we were allowed to play the game again. 

All I took from this is confirmation that we are indeed 'a massive club'. Buzzing.

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

So he says.

I was more annoyed at the club at the time - if I remember they couldn't actually recall who they had spoken to at the SFA so for all I know they didn't. Although he wasn't on the suspension list for that week so probably both sides at fault. 

Don't think I am defending McInally though - I am still in the 'Jim Oot' camp.

On 12. 6. 2018 at 21:32, thomas 62 said:

Same pish  coming from virginton  thought he had laid low for a while.

An amusing claim given that the last time anyone heard a cheep from you was just before your fairytale title challenge got ruthlessly put to the sword by The Famous. Thanks for playing anyway champ. 

Image result for morton champions

Image result for clarkson smug gif

Archived