Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well deserved don’t promotion for Livingston - they got the equaliser in the first leg and walked all over us since. Very similar to Alex Neil’s Hamilton side, and I think they’ll do just fine in the top flight.

We also got what we deserved - utterly pathetic over the two legs given the magnitude of the tie. A squad packed with shysters, some of whom have soared quite easily into my most hated Thistle players ever.

Time to rip it all up and start afresh. 

Went along to this today, thought Thistle were desparately poor, never looked like scoring (I said before Sammon took the penalty that he’d miss)

I thought Erskine in particular was infuriating. He’s got a nice touch, but just seems like an absolute shitebag.

Never looked like he wanted the ball, he was hiding for the whole game.

Just standing vaguely to the side of the man in possession, maybe making a wee three yard pass every now and then.

Absolutely no creativity elsewhere, the crossing was dreadful. Once Livi scores you knew that was it.

Gutted at that result.

Livvy did deserve it, but horrible team to play against, and really not looking forward to doing so again next season.

Watching Alaxender fall to the ground after even the simplest of catches epitomises them.

And a trip to Livingstone v a trip to Firhill - no contest.

28 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Gutted at that result.

Livvy did deserve it, but horrible team to play against, and really not looking forward to doing so again next season.

Watching Alaxender fall to the ground after even the simplest of catches epitomises them.

f**k up. Every team does that to gain an advantage. Samson was doing it at the start of the second half in the 2-2 game up in Inverness at the end of March.

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Gutted at that result.

Alexander didn't fall to the ground, he was just practicing in case he had a shot to save. 

Gutted at that result.

Every team would time waste in Livingstons circumstances silly comment to make.

I am looking forward to play them next year will be much harder to keep that level of work rate up when your losing most weeks. Their budget was one of the lowest in the championship so will be harder for them next year and also to keep hold of the players and manager that have impressed.

Incredible achievement from Livy

4 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

Alexander didn't fall to the ground, he was just practicing in case he had a shot to save. 

Also he was preparing for avoiding coins and lighters from the Old Firm fans.  Never too soon to practice.

Based on purely budget / expectations / results, Hopkin is Manager of the Season very comfortably.

I suppose its a shorter commute to Livvy, that Wetherspoons is going to be busy pre match though........

13 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

Went along to this today, thought Thistle were desparately poor, never looked like scoring (I said before Sammon took the penalty that he’d miss)

I thought Erskine in particular was infuriating. He’s got a nice touch, but just seems like an absolute shitebag.

Never looked like he wanted the ball, he was hiding for the whole game.

Just standing vaguely to the side of the man in possession, maybe making a wee three yard pass every now and then.

Absolutely no creativity elsewhere, the crossing was dreadful. Once Livi scores you knew that was it.

I did that as well.

PMSL that he has another year on his contract with Hearts.

1 hour ago, CambieBud said:

That was a truly horrible game of “football”. It is no wonder TV companies are loath to pay to transmit live games. It reminded me of Italian teams from the 70’s and 80’s. Time wasting from the 1st minute. 11 men in your own box. Dreadful to watch. For the sake of our beautiful game, hopefully Livingston do a Brechin in the top flight next season.

Get it right fucking up you. 

Mon the Livi.

Archived