Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livingston should feel hard done by with that result tonight. 4-1 would have flattered us, never mind 2-1. Their system and the players' discipline in implementing it was lovely to watch. The fitness and fight from Livvy should shame the impostors who turned up for the Jags tonight. Whenever we got the ball we just wanted to get rid of it. There was no sense of building an attack or creating anything. Barton's attitude is utterly infuriating and Devine might be the worst player I've seen in a Jags shirt in about a decade. 

Hopkin will light up the premier league next season and his team will be a welcome addition.

I'm resigned to renewing old acquaintances with Falkirk, Dunfermline and Morton. I'm almost looking forward to it.

It's just so frustrating that we appeared to be building towards something only to surrender our premier place so meekly.

9 minutes ago, Jag0001 said:

I’m only asking some of us where singing your just a shit Adam Johnson and singing he’s on the register 

how old are you out of curiosity?

Genuinely not trying to be a dick, but it would explain why you're amused by fairly childish patter if you're, well, near enough a child - I was pretty young myself when the internet was still more or less in its infancy. 

And in no way is that depressing.

13 minutes ago, Jag0001 said:

I’m only asking some of us where singing your just a shit Adam Johnson and singing he’s on the register 

If you're above the age of 15 you should seriously rethink your life.

2 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

how old are you out of curiosity?

Genuinely not trying to be a dick, but it would explain why you're amused by fairly childish patter if you're, well, near enough a child - I was pretty young myself when the internet was still more or less in its infancy. 

And in no way is that depressing.

I wasn’t laughing or smiling I was just a bit shocked I was just wondering after I heard a few times

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Crowd is 5469.. How many fans do Livingston have? I'd say about 3500 Jags are in stadium

Main stand holds 2500 and was full, probably another 500 behind the goals for us. So 3000 in the home end. 

2500 in the away end, be about right I think. 

Utter, utter shite from us tonight. Outworked and outclassed by a Livingston team who were excellent.

I say this in every match thread, and have done for the last 2 years, but Danny Devine can get himself so, so far to f**k. Of the many bombscares he managed this evening (that was a record even by his standards), I thought he was lucky to stay on the park. Hope Keown is back on Sunday. Goal was good, Lawless had a decent first half. Doolan tried to do what he could with the limited service he got. That’s about it.

Players look resigned to going down. Created sweet f**k all and didn’t look bothered at all about getting back in the game when we went 2-1 down.

We deserve all we get for an utterly horrendous season of shitebaggery at every level. Players are shitebags, Archie is a shitebag, and the board are shitebags for not sacking him in January/February.

Play half as bad as we did tonight and we’ll get beat again on Saturday. Ayr away next season it is.

24 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Hadn't seen Livi before tonight, but that's the one thing that stood out for me. Isn't it supposed to be the Prem team that has the better fitness? Not so tonight and played a big part in the result.

They looked at lot fitter than us1st pre-season game at RP, when we scraped by them 1-0.

All the words Brendan Rodgers uses: character, determination, togetherness of the group, quality; Livingston have it.

Thistle were the only Premiership team I didn't see live in the flesh this season. They look absolutely brutal. Entire game plan based on hitting Connor Sammon who has the mobility of a cruise ship. Barton looks a shadow of the player of last season. As for Danny Devine, how many times does he have to play for people to realise he's not up to this level of football. Thistle look dysfunctional and weak centred. Everything that was good about them last season with strong backline, tenacious central midfield with some quality in there is gone. The whole giving up after reaching the top six thing allowed a losing mentality in the door which has never been addressed.

38 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Think Thistle were lucky to get away with only losing 2-1.

Some questionable refereeing decisions as well.

Again. If it balances out over the season, we will get 4 questionable penalties on Sunday.

Archived