Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Imo Bit of a cheek to be asking season ticket holders to fork out for another game when Thistle shouldnt really have finished 11th.

3 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

Neither Livingston or Thistle fans can use their season books for their respective home games. SPFL rules.

beat me to it. Saw it on the OS, and it's also just below the wee snippet from the guidance I posted earlier regarding each club's takings from the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Strange that Alloa managed to get around the rules regarding season tickets.

So that rangers fan was always right when he made that song on Alloa

42 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Strange that Alloa managed to get around the rules regarding season tickets.

it looks like the rules on this are different between the SPFL Prem/Championship playoff and the other lower tier playoffs?

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__rulesofthespflasat19_january_2018_1518083042.pdf

image.png.aa0663aea82ef74c5e2986e13f2b3af4.png

can't see any similar rule on pp. 35-36 for the other playoffs. 

(I'm sinking to new depths to keep myself awake here.)

11 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I think it's 54 top tier goals

11 in 13/14

9 in 14/15

14 in 15/16

14 in 16/17

6 this season - not sure if any over the next week count as top tier or 2nd tier...

also worth noting zero penalties in that, and only 4 in his 114. Although he hasn't helped himself by missing twice, including once vs ICT in the top tier.

Missed two pens. That's most of our top tier penalties then!

20 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I think it's pay at the gate for the 1st leg but all ticket for the game at Firhill?

edit: I'm 99% sure it was up on our website to that effect but it's seemingly being reviewed

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/play-off-ticket-details-confirmed/

I'd say its pretty much:

FIRHILL HOME END

"A decision on whether there will be cash turnstiles in operation on the day will be taken closer to the time but demand is expected to be extremely high so supporters are encouraged to purchase their tickets in advance."

FIRHILL AWAY END

There will be a cash gate in  operation for away fans.

LIVI HOME + AWAY

There will be no tickets sold in advance for Partick Thistle supporters with all admission on a cash at the gate basis. Thistle fans will be housed in the East Stand.

Livingston have advised all Partick Thistle supporters to arrive in plenty of time to avoid missing any of the action as the turnstiles are expected to be extremely busy.

I think on thursday its £20 at the gate will give you wave cheers of the info.

16 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Good suggestions from @thistledo however away fans tend to congregate in Munns as it's closest to the ground. Just up Maryhill Road from the Macintosh church. Further up Garscube Road you have The Star and Garter bar. Formerly a Thistle bar but an unofficial boycott means there'll be plenty space and handy if your coach drops you off from the motorway.

There is a bar at the ground right next to the away turnstiles. Usually open to away fans too.

I never realised Munns was away fans, thought a lot of home fans drank in there. Forgot to mention Inn Deep is quite good, small place though so if you're not there early, probably not much point. 

15 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Thats pretty much what stood out for me from what I saw in the play off games against Utd. No one standout player, just a group of decent players who all work their socks off for the cause, and probably a different player(s) each game who step up as the man.

Thistle have a few good players in their squad, but the challenge is being as well organised and committed as Livi. If so, i think Thistle will win comfortably. If not, then they might be there for the taking.

I would mostly agree with this, the effort and commitment from Livi in the second leg for the entire game was impressive. I think they look dangerous on the break as well. Neither of these things are ideal for us. 

On a good day we should win this, but we've not had that many good days of late. 

26 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Livingston VS Hamilton Academical could be a Premiership fixture next season.

Absolutely Glorious.

It really is the stuff of dreams.

I've maintained for some time that 11th would have too much for whatever team the Championship threw up - I don't see any evidence to change that although it'll be an interesting encounter.

Livi have been excellent this season and they deserve all the plaudits they're getting. Their style is well documented - 3 at the back, long ball to Lee Miller, press the second ball, long throw from Lithgow - and it's been effective. What they lack in talent, they make up for in endeavour - but to lose Hardie and possibly De Vita to injury, they're lacking a bit of guile. Additionally - and I must admit that this is off the top of my head and happy to be corrected - most of the teams in the Championship this season have played 4-4-2 which a 3-5-2 will almost always trump.*

If we do the basics and match Livi for effort, I think the quality of some of our individuals will shine through. If we don't then we'll get relegated and rightly so.

May the best team win.

*EDIT:

There was more to that sentence but I must have just jacked it in before typing it. I blame work. I was going to say that it trumps a 4-4-2 in the middle of the park but Livi won't have that advantage against us. Happy to see  @PauloPerth maintaining the fierce new rivalry though.

Good suggestions from [mention=59456]thistledo[/mention] however away fans tend to congregate in Munns as it's closest to the ground. Just up Maryhill Road from the Macintosh church. Further up Garscube Road you have The Star and Garter bar. Formerly a Thistle bar but an unofficial boycott means there'll be plenty space and handy if your coach drops you off from the motorway.
There is a bar at the ground right next to the away turnstiles. Usually open to away fans too.

Hadn’t realised people have boycotted the Star & Garter. What’s the script?

28 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

I've maintained for some time that 11th would have too much for whatever team the Championship threw up - I don't see any evidence to change that although it'll be an interesting encounter.

Livi have been excellent this season and they deserve all the plaudits they're getting. Their style is well documented - 3 at the back, long ball to Lee Miller, press the second ball, long throw from Lithgow - and it's been effective. What they lack in talent, they make up for in endeavour - but to lose Hardie and possibly De Vita to injury, they're lacking a bit of guile. Additionally - and I must admit that this is off the top of my head and happy to be corrected - most of the teams in the Championship this season have played 4-4-2 which a 3-5-2 will almost always trump.

If we do the basics and match Livi for effort, I think the quality of some of our individuals will shine through. If we don't then we'll get relegated and rightly so.

May the best team win.

Aw now you tell us.  We should have played 3-5-2 all season.  

Anyway; anyone know the script with away goals?

iirc some of their staff had a good old fashioned sash bash on the day of one of the Rangers/Thistle games recently

Correct. It was the Friday night game when we played them twice in 5 days.

Someone posted footage on the net of Rangers fans in the Star with party tunes in full flow and the bar staff joining in with gusto.

2 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

Livi have been excellent this season and they deserve all the plaudits they're getting. Their style is well documented - 3 at the back, long ball to Lee Miller, press the second ball, long throw from Lithgow - and it's been effective. What they lack in talent, they make up for in endeavour - but to lose Hardie and possibly De Vita to injury, they're lacking a bit of guile. Additionally - and I must admit that this is off the top of my head and happy to be corrected - most of the teams in the Championship this season have played 4-4-2 which a 3-5-2 will almost always trump.

May the best team win.

The long ball description gets a bit overplayed (excuse the pun) all 3 of our away goals against Utd came from pressing play, getting the ball off them and then running at them and scoring. None were from long balls. We are direct and get it as quickly up the pitch as we can to try and play in the opposition's half, but it isn't just long balls up to Miller and then looking to win 2nd balls, that is only part of how we play.

Got some decent ball players in midfield too, Byrne, Jacobs, Pittman and Frizzell are all capable of taking on players and breaking up the pitch. Oh and forgot Robinson, he's pretty nimble on the ball too.

Partick are def favourites, but if any Championship team was going to beat the 11th placed Premiership team this season it was us, because we wont play how you'd like us to play so you could outplay us, and everyone we've played said they hated playing against us. I'm just hoping we go into the 2nd leg with it all still to play for really though, so we are going there with the hope of pulling it off.

Archived