Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see how Penrice can't get into that Partick team, what an absolutely brilliant player he is. Drive, determination and flair - he's everything you want in a wide midfielder, who can also play in the middle. Came to us as a left back and seemed to just take a massive step up

3 hours ago, Jag0001 said:

apparently we slagged their style of play and now cause they had a deacent 5 year they now think they are a bigger club (even though we have won more and get more fans to games)they now want us gone

Sorry had a bit in

Oh we are don’t worry

2 hours ago, Jag0001 said:

And don’t forget the great first few months of the season where Barton and Edwards where our defensive midfielders what a great time that was only got beat by three goals twice somehow

1 hour ago, Jag0001 said:

As long I we win I don’t care

This is never going to end is it lol

Yous are still here

I’m not angry just suprised YOU are still here I can’t spell and auto correct is hit and miss 

Colin weir its the 1 beside Firhill road I thinks it’s called it u might mind’ it as the 1 that was closed back when we back in the championship 

Yous now ok I’m always right

58 minutes ago, Jag0001 said:

This thread ruined I’m still not angry

57 minutes ago, Jag0001 said:

I’ll be a classic 

8 minutes ago, Jag0001 said:

Right we don’t we all just say we are the same size and leave it at that cause silverware attandance and I think seasons in the top flight we are roughly the same ok

Again, please stop.

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Can't see how Penrice can't get into that Partick team, what an absolutely brilliant player he is. Drive, determination and flair - he's everything you want in a wide midfielder, who can also play in the middle. Came to us as a left back and seemed to just take a massive step up

Yep he would def be playing in our team, so you'd think Partick must have cracking players in their midfield.

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Think we should all welcome him home ;-)

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

The club don't look at him as a midfielder. He has played left back and central defence at Firhill but never midfield (except on the overlap out wide) Being honest, if I was Penners, I would be raging at being called back from Livi to get one game against Celtic, get MOTM, then disappear back to the bench and development side. The fact that left back has been a major problem position this year, makes it worse. The fact that Christie Elliot is struggling out there just now, must be galling to Penners. Ironic thing is, if we lose this play off I imagine Callum Booth will be off and Penners will become a regular. If we stay up.....who knows! I saw a lot of him in the development side last season. He is a terrific prospect with a sweet left foot, but sadly for anyone that wants him, I am pretty sure he has another two years on his contract

10 hours ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

We aren't the same size. How many times do you have to be told?

Correct. He’s young, though, so it’s understandable that he would think St Johnstone were even close to Partick Thistle in terms of size.

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep he would def be playing in our team, so you'd think Partick must have cracking players in their midfield.

We don’t.

It seems that we see him as a LB, and he’ll very probably be starting next year there instead of Callum Booth. 

Is there a bar open to Thistle fans at the stadium at Livi?

I was in one once at the corner of, I think, the South and East stands but that was probably about 20 years ago.

I was in one once at the corner of, I think, the South and East stands but that was probably about 20 years ago.

The stadium bar in the west stand will probably be open to both sets of fans however it's not the biggest and imagine it will be packed full before the game. There's also the lime kiln 2 minutes away from the south stand, a few in the shopping centre as well (spoons, parry lamp). The livi Inn is decent too, that's in livi village about a 10-15 walk from the stadium and the saltire next to livi north train station. Handy if you're getting the train through but it's about a 20 minutes/ half hour walk from the stadium.

11 hours ago, ATLIS said:

That should give you an idea of the level you're looking at this week.

The level of baffling team selections, perhaps.  But it's still a level of sorts.

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:

Was gonna ask the same question about Firhill, any pubs near or in the ground that will welcome Livi fans ? 

Stadium bar is right next to the front reception but it will likely be packed, unsure if the almondvale suite will be open but if so that may be your best bet at the back of the south stand. 

13 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I'm not talking full-on frothing at the mouth levels of hatred, but enough for it to crop up on here from time to time.

Jeez what a spectrum. 

There was disorder, I'm not talking large roaming gangs armed with machetes attacking women and children, looting shops and burning cars, but enough for one random guy to casually flick a V-sign from a passing bus.

30 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Jeez what a spectrum. 

There was disorder, I'm not talking large roaming gangs armed with machetes attacking women and children, looting shops and burning cars, but enough for one random guy to casually flick a V-sign from a passing bus.

I work on a scale of "Rangers fans flinging beer bottles at big screen engineers, stealing booze from shops and being used as police dog chew toys in Manchester" to "several people on an online forum making occasional passive aggressive jibes at a particular team they aren't that keen on".

Anyway - I'm hoping Erskine is fit enough to start after not featuring against Dundee. Would echo earlier thoughts that Osman has a good chance of featuring over the two legs too, I think him coming on for Sammon was akin to some kind of symbolic re-opening of the door for him to play since I don't think he played any minutes in any of the other post-split fixtures?

Not so sure how I'd feel about that but if he can roll it back to when he was, er, good, and has benefited from the rest to put in a shift he'd be a massive boost. If he still can't be arsed we're better off with Barton or McCarthy in his place tbh.

Archived