Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

*You*

Pointing and laughing at thick, angry weegies never gets old.

I’m not angry just suprised YOU are still here I can’t spell and auto correct is hit and miss 

5 minutes ago, Firhill_Basin said:

Wheres Tibbermore?

Sounds like the sort of place that gets ridiculed for having nothing to do but plough yer wee sister. 

I'd plough anyone's wee sister as long as 1, she's no mine and 2, shes older than Jag0001*.

*I'm hoping he's legal 

1 minute ago, Afro said:

What stand are the Livi fans going to be in at Firhill?

Colin weir its the 1 beside Firhill road I thinks it’s called it u might mind’ it as the 1 that was closed back when we back in the championship 

8 minutes ago, Afro said:

What stand are the Livi fans going to be in at Firhill?

The grassy hill behind the goal.

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

There was none. 

But then Partick Thistle fans were all over Saints threads when we got papped out of Europe, more than anyone. And again, when we were going through a horrendous spell midseason and seemingly in freefall towards relegation they all appeared lapping it up. I've no idea where it came from, you have to ask Thistle fans why they have something against Saints.

But if you look back over the last couple of pages since RG stopped winding them up they keep going on about us!

Usually have a good crack with Thistle fans when we play them, I think it's just the Thistle fans on here have generated this out of nowhere. Believe me, if it was us in the play-offs it would be a million times worse than a few wee comments from a couple of Saints fans.

Anyway, mon the Livi!!  :thumsup2

I'm not so sure how full an answer this is. I'm bored and trying to kill time since when I go to sleep its back to work tomorrow after a week off, so I'll add in my own wee take on Scottish Football's Hottest New Rivalry.

We were getting quite a few plaudits - on here and in the media in particular - for the way we were playing pretty much from the season we got promoted onwards, which I think rubbed a few St Johnstone fans the wrong way since they didn't feel they were getting the same sort of credit. I'm not talking full-on frothing at the mouth levels of hatred, but enough for it to crop up on here from time to time. This match thread seems to be a fair read on it if anyone gives a f**k , cares enough to read a few posts (unlikely) and wants to draw their own conclusions on Scottish Football's Hottest New Rivalry:

I'll give you a hint though: familiarity breeds contempt, and we've played each other quite a fair bit in the top flight, 2nd tier + various cup competitions for near enough 2 decades now I think. 

Not meaning to single anyone out but HSF sticks out in my memory as having a few posts along those lines - a two minute search for Partick in That Particular Poster's posting history is I think a fair summation; 12 results over a few years and mainly  from around 2015 or so, nothing overly obsessive (only the Thistle - St Mirren thread sticks out  for being outwith a Saints thread  having a go out our football and that one was televised I think which makes sense):

I'm fairly sure from our end it was literally a handful of people on Twitter and a handful of posters at the wind-up/tongue-in-cheek on here.

tree house tam has about 3 pages worth of content that turns up for a quick search on Thistle/Partick (which tbf isn't really all that much in the grand scheme of things) but I'll be fucked if I'll trawl through that, procrastination or no. I don't think he likes us very much.

for what its worth I had a look in my own posting history out of curioustiy to see if I've practiced as I preach and whether there's anything rabid that comes up for "Johnstone" and, a sweary rant at Derek Johnstone for being a fat sack of shit aside, there's not anything all that mean about you in there:

On 29/10/2016 at 20:46, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I think this will be the first match this season where I'll watch the full match highlights on Jagzone. I'll try to pretend I don't know the score.

Was working today and keeping in touch with the scoreline but did watch St Johnstone in midweek while I was free - very, very happy to snatch a win against a talented manager and a tough side.

Really pleased for the team since tbf we have the ability in that squad, and arguably Scotland's best young Scottish manager who isn't the longest serving for nothing (Hartley strugglin' big time to cling on to his job and McIntyre strugglin' big time too) but particularly chuffed for Devine (who it seems has been improving and at the very least isn't chucking goals in now), Welsh and all the rest of the team after a tough morale-sapping run

Paul Paton is *still* an arsehole.

(tempted to redact this one but I've kept it in full, lol @ me, Archibald's reputation has taken a fair dip. Also :( at the Devine comment, really hoped he'd be able to keep it up but he's regressed. Paul Paton is in all probability still an arsehole.)

On 26/10/2016 at 21:48, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Got to think that the pressure on Bread Man and/or the Convicted Tax Cheat will start skyrocketing if they keep dropping points at home. I mean it's pretty clear that they are absolutely nowhere near Celtic (which is all they really care about tbh) and if it keeps up like this they will end up below Celtic by a points difference in the double figures - leaving aside the possiblitiy of finishing behind Aberdeen and/or other sides.

Well played St Johnstone and Tommy Wright - think he'll end up at bigger and better things eventually, but he's a very talented manager.

On 02/02/2017 at 13:49, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Great start to the match; some good, fairly short passing with us getting some joy running at the Saints defence (although Erskine seemed a bit off the pace), great chance for Edwards, Keown smashes a volley at about 100mph, admittedly straight at the keeper which he somehow parries away to safety... then Booth fucks up to gift a goal away just before half-time.

Far and away the most concerning aspect is that we went to complete shit after that and gave up everything that was giving us joy in favour of hoofball and didn't create anything after that. Can sum it up in that Barton, normally our most composed player, gave the ball away a few of times with careless touches/passes.

Fair fucks to St Johnstone for taking >10 seconds for every single free-kick, goal kick and throw in once they were one up and giving us a masterclass in how to scrap to hold onto a lead.

No.11's dive was brutal. Didn't see Elliot's sending off, don't really care tbh.

Good luck to St Johnstone for the rest of the season.

That bit in bold above sounds familiar. Good thing we learned from that for this season, though. also "a few of times", tsk.

Off to bed now. Bah.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Looking forward to ruining the lives of the Saint Johnston fans by scraping through the tie with an utter holocaust of a performance.

Ironic considering some Thistle fans have spent the last few seasons talking about how they'd "rather lose than win games like St Johnstone do"

tl;dr gifs in 3, 2, 1...

On the money calling out Paulo for his nonsense about it being one way traffic in terms of fans all over each other threads, though. From what I remember, we had some frothers raging about St Johnstone's negative style of play about 3 or 4 years back. Whilst they were fairly accurate in their assessments, it was pretty embarrassing to see the constant whining about it, especially when we basically turned into a similar type of team about a year later (and we're still negative and boring as f**k to this day).

Many Saints fans seemed to take that criticism really personally, though, and still aren't over it, which is why all our threads these days are always full of weirdos like Alli and Tam.

Archived