Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

The most famous game in Partick Thistles history is a League Cup Final in 1972? :lol:

As I say, it's not exactly hard to see why Thistle fans are so utterly desperate to insult Saints at every opportunity. 

Partick Thistle 4 Celtic 1 in the League Cup Final of 1971 is the most sensational result in Scottish Football History. Celtic were European Cup Finalists the previous year with several Lisbon Lions, Dalglish, Lou Macari, George Connelly & David Hay in their team - the average age of the Thistle side was about 22.  

They thrashed the best ever St Johnstone side (Henry Hall, John Connelly, etc) 5-1 in the Quarter final.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why? A game forty years is utterly irrelevant to me

Even if it was your clubs first major cup final appearance? 

So there we have it, all Thistle fans have to celebrate is a Final over forty years ago, and a top six finish. 

#MassiveClub

Thursday – away leg

Tony Macaroni Arena, 19:45 KO

There will be no tickets sold in advance for Partick Thistle supporters with all admission on a cash at the gate basis. Thistle fans will be housed in the East Stand.

Livingston have advised all Partick Thistle supporters to arrive in plenty of time to avoid missing any of the action as the turnstiles are expected to be extremely busy.

Prices

Adult: £20

Concession: £15

Kids: £5

Sunday – home leg

The Energy Check Stadium at Firhill, 15:30 KO

As per SPFL rules entrance to this game is not included on your season ticket, however the club is able to offer a significant discount to all season ticket holders as detailed below.

Prices

Adult: £20

Concession: £15

U16: £5

ST adult: £10

ST concession: £7.50

ST U16: £5

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

So there we have it, all Thistle fans have to celebrate is a Final over forty years ago, and a top six finish. 

#MassiveClub

Don’t forget the Tennents Sixes :angel

2 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

I can see people missing the first 30 mins or so queuing up at the turnstiles. It will be a nightmare.

Might just nip in the home end. Shouldn’t be any bother getting in there...

#amirite #crowdwank 

:angel

That is really poor from Livi. I work to 6.30 on a Thursday and by the time I get to the car it will be 6.50. Throw in the inevitable delays on the roads and especially at the gates it will probably be half time before I get in.  Surely they could have sorted out tickets to be on sale from tomorrow. I foresee mayhem at the gates!

4 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

That is really poor from Livi. I work to 6.30 on a Thursday and by the time I get to the car it will be 6.50. Throw in the inevitable delays on the roads and especially at the gates it will probably be half time before I get in.  Surely they could have sorted out tickets to be on sale from tomorrow. I foresee mayhem at the gates!

Actually got a good point, as the cameras will be there, the game will kick off on schedule, was pretty much a mess on Friday with about 3-400 fans being ushered onto the pitch and into the south stand whilst the game was in play, never ever seen the likes !

I hope were ready for a big crowd as Partick will bring a few with them.

Archived