Today's Scores

andy25

15 hours ago, garrellburn said:

Just looking at some of the scores today, and in the past couple of weeks makes depressing reading I'm afraid. At least three double digit wins and loads of others six or more goal wins. The inequality that is evident within junior football is whats helping to kill it. Fans don't really want to watch teams being slaughtered, it's not as if the victors are world beaters, mostly they are pretty ordinary sides playing others who are barely able to raise a team or full of young boys who will just become discouraged and give up the game. Maybe the forthcoming reorganisation will weed out some of the clubs who quite frankly are not up to junior standards and either revert to amatuer level or dissapear altogether. Sad, but inevitable in my view.

Teams like Royal Albert, I suppose, who were probably regarded as the whipping boys of the region for the last 2 or 3 years. Now Central League 2 Champions.

Congratulations to them and everyone involved with them. They prove that as long as there is still hope and ambition to improve, good times are possible.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a difficult one as yesterday it felt like we could have scored 20 without playing too well -but then of course we face the absolute opposite situation next Saturday at Beechwood where our record since 2009 has been abysmal.

5 hours ago, Kennie said:

Teams like Royal Albert, I suppose, who were probably regarded as the whipping boys of the region for the last 2 or 3 years. Now Central League 2 Champions.

Congratulations to them and everyone involved with them. They prove that as long as there is still hope and ambition to improve, good times are possible.

Absolutely. Craigmark and Dalry as well.

23 hours ago, Kennie said:

Point taken, and congratulations to them on achieving promotion. After all Auchinleck were in a very similar position in the 1970's and came back in the  best possible way. But in a properly set up true pyramid system any team can rise or fall to a true position according to their circumstances at any time.

Is it not about time Pete Smythe was raised to Sainthood for his forward thinking?

Archived