Dundee United 2018/2019

5 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Disappointing if true.

I would agree that it is disapointing if he was to leave but maybe it is what he might need a fresh start elsewhere.  I thought at the time he signed that it would be a good signing given his record at Championship level.  Sadly the move has not appeared to work out for whatever reason injury issues, his problems with depression etc.  It just shows that success at other clubs is not  guaranteed to be repeated no matter how good the signing might appear to be at the time. 

12 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

I would agree that it is disapointing if he was to leave but maybe it is what he might need a fresh start elsewhere.  I thought at the time he signed that it would be a good signing given his record at Championship level.  Sadly the move has not appeared to work out for whatever reason injury issues, his problems with depression etc.  It just shows that success at other clubs is not  guaranteed to be repeated no matter how good the signing might appear to be at the time. 

Won't disagree with that. Personally was hoping that the new season may be the fresh start needed for Keatings to kick on. 

If hes feeling able to move to another club then surely he should feel able to pull on the boots for United.

14 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Won't disagree with that. Personally was hoping that the new season may be the fresh start needed for Keatings to kick on. 

If hes feeling able to move to another club then surely he should feel able to pull on the boots for United.

I would not be unhappy if he stayed and was able to have a good season either.  I guess we will just have to see if there is any truth about him going to St Mirren.

I think we are in the position of having to offload before we can sign anyone. Likely candidates being Scobbie, Edge, Toshney and Keatings but that is all based on either rumour or what we hope (the three defenders being in that camp). I doubt we will terminate the contract of more than one or two so we will need someone to come in with an offer and Keatings is most likely out of those to be offered something. Martin was adamant of a 22 man squad (23 including Mehmet) so we are pretty much at that limit now.