Dundee United 2018/2019

46 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Presumably a premier league team will sign all the players and they will perform at a higher level.
Aka Partick etc

A different mentality is needed for a team trying to win any league compared to a side looking for 10-12 wins a season and staying up in the Premiership. I'm sure some of them will go on to perform adequately at a higher level.

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

Agreed; I cannot see any reason whatsoever why MM would Keep Csaba after last season’s clusterfuck, unless it is either purely financial, or else Laszlo has some Kompromat over him....:unsure2:

To take a team who were top to then lose the league by 13 points, is not acceptable, and as I mentioned above,  the January transfer window was fucking unforgivable!!

That being said, doesn’t matter who is in charge,  i’ll still buy a season ticket for me and my daughter (poor wee soul - folk have had their bairns taken off them for less)......

Thick and thin and all that (#superfan):P*

*#needsprofessionalhelp

You don’t need to look at Laszlo’s performance over the season, you just need to look at his baffling substitutions over the two play off games gains Livi to realise how clueless he is.  How the f**k can Mike Martin not see it?

If Martin keeps Laszlo and it works out I will happily eat humble pie.  If it doesn’t will Mike Martin carry the can?

I won’t be renewing my season ticket if Laszlo stays; a tough choice but hey ho.  I will reserve the right to renew at any time if I’ve misjudged him and the team pe forms well in the first half of the season.

The only official updates from United today have concerned the anniversary of the league win at Dens (Facebook, Twitter etc updates). Whilst I think that remembering past achievements is nice (but ultimately pointless) I find it very frustrating that on a day that fans expect news regarding the immediate FUTURE of the team/players/staff the club have decided to remind us all of past glories. 

Tam Duthie in the Tully saying Czambles has already told most of this seasons squad to bolt and has been working on a list of new players with luggy. Wants to do a lot of business before preseason starts at the end of next month. Also his old mucker Burger set to come in, Craig Easton as well.

Duthie also saying american owners set to come in soon, in some sort of multi club setup.

Nothing the useless BNB couldn't have got on here and other forums... does being in the tully make it true

19 minutes ago, Beardy23 said:

Tam Duthie in the Tully saying Czambles has already told most of this seasons squad to bolt and has been working on a list of new players with luggy. Wants to do a lot of business before preseason starts at the end of next month. Also his old mucker Burger set to come in, Craig Easton as well.

Duthie also saying american owners set to come in soon, in some sort of multi club setup.

Nothing the useless BNB couldn't have got on here and other forums... does being in the tully make it true

Can UTD afford another few seasons in the Championship ? Or do the go for it and spend big money ?

I don't think UTD are in the position to spend any serious money now and can't see any serious investors pumping in the funds. .

At least they have a couple of trips to Ayr to look forward to , I've enjoyed them anytime i've been.

15 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

The only official updates from United today have concerned the anniversary of the league win at Dens (Facebook, Twitter etc updates). Whilst I think that remembering past achievements is nice (but ultimately pointless) I find it very frustrating that on a day that fans expect news regarding the immediate FUTURE of the team/players/staff the club have decided to remind us all of past glories. 

Really disappointed if that 3 paragraph nothing statement from Saturday is all we are going to hear for weeks. I hoped it was a precursor to something more substantial this week.

I would love Mike Martin to come out and explain the rationale behind keeping Laszlo; let us hear about all the amazing things he has been doing behind the scenes to convince the board he is the man for the job. If the players are to blame for the second half of the season collapse for two years running, then throw them under the bus; most of them have rightly been punted anyway.

The board have got to be aware of the fans' feelings about the manager. They can't all live in a bubble. They must also know that some fans will buy season tickets regardless but a number of others won't if they feel the club is going nowhere or feel they are having the piss taken out of them.

33 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Really disappointed if that 3 paragraph nothing statement from Saturday is all we are going to hear for weeks. I hoped it was a precursor to something more substantial this week.

I would love Mike Martin to come out and explain the rationale behind keeping Laszlo; let us hear about all the amazing things he has been doing behind the scenes to convince the board he is the man for the job. If the players are to blame for the second half of the season collapse for two years running, then throw them under the bus; most of them have rightly been punted anyway.

The board have got to be aware of the fans' feelings about the manager. They can't all live in a bubble. They must also know that some fans will buy season tickets regardless but a number of others won't if they feel the club is going nowhere or feel they are having the piss taken out of them.

The only thing that gives me (probably soon to be dashed) hope is that since MM (and then Luggy) got on board, the 2 signings we made (Ralston and Mohsni) were pretty effective.  With any luck the raft of new talent to be brought in over the summer will be of a similar standard to these 2.

I get the point about not buying season tickets and everyone has a right to choose how they want to support the club (or not) but I just see it as shooting ourselves in the foot if we choose not to give whoever it is in charge, the biggest budget they can get.

You know I am not a fan if Csaba, but I am willing to give MM the benefit of the doubt for now, and just pray that my faith is not misplaced.

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Presumably a premier league team will sign all the players and they will perform at a higher level.
Aka Partick etc

Amy premier league team that signs that shower of utter shitehawks will be heading through the trapdoor fucking pronto......

9 minutes ago, MacArab said:

The only thing that gives me (probably soon to be dashed) hope is that since MM (and then Luggy) got on board, the 2 signings we made (Ralston and Mohsni) were pretty effective.  With any luck the raft of new talent to be brought in over the summer will be of a similar standard to these 2.

I get the point about not buying season tickets and everyone has a right to choose how they want to support the club (or not) but I just see it as shooting ourselves in the foot if we choose not to give whoever it is in charge, the biggest budget they can get.

You know I am not a fan if Csaba, but I am willing to give MM the benefit of the doubt for now, and just pray that my faith is not misplaced.

The issue about giving or withholding money with regards to buying a season ticket is one of personal choice and I would not criticise either approach.  But as @Szamo's_Ammo rightly says if Laszlo is being kept on Mike Martin should come out and explain his rationale.  He may not have a ‘duty’ to do so but it would make a lot of sense, give him credibility and possibly even win some doubters over.

If Laszlo is going then an announcement may not be immediate, but if he’s staying then Mike Martin should be announcing that right away; he has no valid reason not to.

8 minutes ago, banana said:

So did Lewis.

This guy considerably better?

Can't be any worse.....

Surely....

Maybe Csaba can use his contacts from the mother country to get us a decent eastern European keeper the like of whom we have had good results before. 

That would be nice...

Edited by MacArab

At this point I really wouldn't be shocked if we waited for Mehmet to recover and played Murdoch in goal until then, because he's nothing if not versatile. We'll probably give him a new contract into next century as well.

I was going to say some snarky and frankly nasty things about Flood and how we'll be stuck with him forever, but I can't bring myself to do it. Unlike the rest of those spineless numpties I did use to like Flood*.

Have no confidence in Laszlo, can only assume we don't have the money to punt him. If we are stuck with him then this summer's signings have to be spot on given what we've got left after this latest clear out. If the incoming players this window are of Emil Lyng quality then this time next we'll be lucky if we're still in this league.

*Ignoring three years of booing him when he was at Aberdeen .

If Laszlo is going then an announcement may not be immediate, but if he’s staying then Mike Martin should be announcing that right away; he has no valid reason not to.

Maybe he doesn't want to negatively effect season ticket sales, or is planning announcing it along with some positive signing news? But that's all scrapping the bottom of the barrel for reasons not too. All the chat about a takeover as well creates uncertainty which is also unhelpful when what we need is a clear statement about the plan moving forward .

His statement created expectations , sends out the wrong message if he then says nothing .